The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Nellis Problem

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

BLUSH! :oops: :oops:
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Timely Repaints!! At Avsim, there is a repaint set for the 57th. Includes paint for the HTAI F-16 C/D and the Rippippip A-10. By Mark Walsh. In the library new files.
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Revised Nellis AFCAD

I found some problems with parking slot sizes, idents and location. I think I have them fixed. Still trying to get my Thunderbirds to park in the right place. The Transient ramp and F-16 parking works correctly now. F-22s still park across the field on the far ramp. C-130s corrected. Just dump the original and put this one in. Note that mine is set for the FS Global 2008 Mesh so you may have to make an altitude adjust if you get floaters or sinkers. :twisted:
Attachments
AF2_KLSV.zip
Corrects some errors in the first AFCAD I posted
(17.06 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
GZR_SACTARGETS
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Nellis

Post by lewis »

Thanks GZR_Sactargets

I already had your first version of Nellis and it worked fine to me but I'll try this new version. With your afcad and Marks repaints, Nellis is alive.

Best wishes, Lewis
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Getting directed parking is still a mystery to me. The formats seem to be
acft type/M00X/ But I find that will often put something in the wrong place. With the T-Birds at Nellis, I just used TBRD in the Acft cfg for parking ID. I also just labeled the parking slot in AFCAD to TBRD. That seemed to work OK. Tried the same for the F-22 and they still won't park in their specific slot!

Here are a few screenies of the Mod Afcad. F-16s seem to be OK, Transient Ramp seems OK (Had several KC-135s, B-1, B-2 & B-52s show up). C-130 ramp seems OK. Finally the Thunderbirds park where I want. Not sure if it is the real world location but they all park together. :twisted:

GZR_SACTARGETS
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Does anything park in the slots you want the F-22A to park in? Is the radius set to 9 or higher?
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

SMOC wrote:Does anything park in the slots you want the F-22A to park in? Is the radius set to 9 or higher?
No nothing else is parking there and the radius is 45.8 feet, the same as the Langley set.
GZR_SACTARGETS
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Hmmm... are the F-22As being based out of Nellis or transient aircraft from Langley? How many parking codes are in the aircraft.cfg for the 22? If the radius is properly set(and yours is more than big enough) then it seems like it would be a code issue. I assume they are coming in from Langley and using their parking codes from Langley?
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

the radius i have is set to 9, and using the parking codes 94FS 27FS they are the only ones that park their.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

SMOC wrote:Hmmm... are the F-22As being based out of Nellis or transient aircraft from Langley? How many parking codes are in the aircraft.cfg for the 22? If the radius is properly set(and yours is more than big enough) then it seems like it would be a code issue. I assume they are coming in from Langley and using their parking codes from Langley?
I am not sure. This appears to be a perenial problem. When you add a lot of scenery/AI packs it is easy to lose track of which aircraft are coming in and from where. This kind of 'accounting' problem seems to need some list or system to track the package, airfields, and aircraft that are loaded. It seems like a really big thing to do. There are a couple of apps that will look at arrivals or departures at a specific airfield but you still have to go to each airfield one at a time. I have thought about building a list of just the MAIW airfields used so that duplicates are not created and also to use as reference for creating other plans. But that is also a time-consuming task. I think I have four different variants of the F-22 that could be arriving, Nick Blacks, Alphasim, and Ito's are all in one or another package. I have identified all of them as "F22" for parking. Just another one of those fun things to chase down. Looking through flight plans to see which airplanes are going to which airfields is really tough. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
GZR_SACTARGETS
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Tracking aircraft from base to base is difficult... especially given the number of packages most people seem to have. So the problem is that you have F22 as the parking code in the afcad... MAIW uses squadron codes for parking so any Raptor coming from Langley will look for 94FS and 27FS and if it can't find that it will look for just any open slot(starting with it's proper type of Combat and then go down the list) that is large enough for it to park and based on the parking spot number.

Micro$oft didn't do any favors with FS9 by limited the parking codes in the aircraft.cfg to only one 4 digit code. It makes deployed as well as TDY aircraft parking kind of a nightmare. If I want aircraft to park in a certain spot at a base they are assigned to I normally create a entry in the aircraft.cfg with the different parking code(in your case F22), assign it a flightplan, and go from there. The other way would be like djnocturnal did and make 94FS and 27FS parking codes in the afcad but this might prevent the F-22s from Alphasim and Ito from parking there.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

just use 94 FS, 27FS, F22 for the same parking code, then all 3 will park there.
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

...so wouldn't it be better to assign an aircraft type to AFCAD parking spots? For example, you want F22s to park together, then you assign F22 to those spots. Or am I missing something here?
Where ever you go, there you are.
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

djnocturnal wrote:just use 94 FS, 27FS, F22 for the same parking code, then all 3 will park there.
That only works to a point... what about the 90th and 43th FS? He could probably put 94FS, 27FS, 90FS, and 43FS and cover most of his bases but that still leaves generics in the dark.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

i guess you just gotta assign what works for you, i assigned those at nellis for me because those are the only 2 i have going there at the moment, when i install a new package and see f-22's parking in my general mil combat parking at nellis then i know i need to reasign some parking :)
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Thanks guys! I used 94FS, 27FS, F22 M001 to try to cover all the bases. Looks like all the F22s I have going to Nellis are the 94th and 27th. Those park fine now. :D

I think it is time to go TDY to some other base, I am brain-dead from working with KLSV. :twisted:
GZR_SACTARGETS
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I use yRoute to chase down airfields and aircraft assigned to them. The only problem with that is, I can only load 1 flight plan at a time.
What I'm thinking about doing, is combining all MAIW and other military flightplans I have into 1 flightplan file that I can then load into yRoute. Then all I have to do after loading the fp, is also let yRoute show me all the aircraft in that flightplan. Then, at the touch of a button, I can pick 1 aircraft and it will tell me what airfields it visits. I can also pick an airfield and it will tell me what aircraft visit there.
Kind of a round-about way of doing it, but I think it's possible.

BTW, yRoute will also let you substitute aircraft and will even edit and add flightplan legs.
KJ
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

GZR_Sactargets wrote:Thanks guys! I used 94FS, 27FS, F22 M001 to try to cover all the bases. Looks like all the F22s I have going to Nellis are the 94th and 27th. Those park fine now. :D

Glad to help, GSR... glad it got worked out.
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

KevinJarvis wrote:What I'm thinking about doing, is combining all MAIW and other military flightplans I have into 1 flightplan file
That could prove to be one heck of a big task! For a start, you'll have to go through each individual traffic file and make sure all the aircraft numbers are different, because as sure as eggs is eggs, you'll find a lot a duplicate numbers to change. Good luck :shock:

On the same subject, are there no programs available that can read all the traffic files to give the information required? Just a thought.
Where ever you go, there you are.