The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

6th Air show

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
WhiskeyJake
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

6th Air show

Post by WhiskeyJake »

Anyone have any problems with this install(crashed FSX); after I took out all was good. Followed info now that I have it down for putting these MAIW files in FSX. I noticed that there were no traffic files....
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: 6th Air show

Post by Ripcord »

Never installed this one WJ, but must be some traffic files in there somewhere.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

WhiskeyJake wrote:Anyone have any problems with this install(crashed FSX); after I took out all was good. Followed info now that I have it down for putting these MAIW files in FSX. I noticed that there were no traffic files....
WhiskeyJake,

In my FS9 Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Package the traffic files are located in two different locations. The modified Traffic_MAIW_NAS Pensacola.bgl file is located in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder to replace the one from the original MAIW Pensacola package and the new Traffic_MAIW_6th_Airshow_Demo_Flights.bgl, Traffic_MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.bgl and Traffic_MAIW_6th_Airshow_TO's&LDG's.bgl files along with my invisible, overlay AFCADs are located in the Addon Scenery/MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow/scenery folder.

This package works great in FS9 and I would recommend that you try it in FS9 first. I have not tested it in FSX yet, so I am not exactly sure how it might work. FSX has a built-in AI tube liner bias and its consequent priority on push backs might pose a problem since all of my AFCADs are set up for drive through parking and straight out taxiing. As you probably know there is an ADE workaround technique to overcome the FSX pushback priority, but getting the placement of the extra node in the identical relative location for all the parking spots involved in 2 ship formation takeoffs in order to maintain the identical length of time to taxi out of a parking spot might be a challenge. :(

I've never converted any of these four traffic files to the FSX traffic file format or converted any of my invisible, overlay AFCADs to ADE files with the push back workaround in order to test them in FSX, so I would be interested in hearing if and/or how well they work in FSX for you.

There is another post relative to this package in the MAIW forums at the following link that you might want to check out at the following link:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 37#p135337
    Mike M.
    WhiskeyJake
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by WhiskeyJake »

mikewmac wrote:
    WhiskeyJake wrote:Anyone have any problems with this install(crashed FSX); after I took out all was good. Followed info now that I have it down for putting these MAIW files in FSX. I noticed that there were no traffic files....
    WhiskeyJake,

In my FS9 Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Package the traffic files are located in two different locations. The modified Traffic_MAIW_NAS Pensacola.bgl file is located in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder to replace the one from the original MAIW Pensacola package and the new Traffic_MAIW_6th_Airshow_Demo_Flights.bgl, Traffic_MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.bgl and Traffic_MAIW_6th_Airshow_TO's&LDG's.bgl files along with my invisible, overlay AFCADs are located in the Addon Scenery/MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow/scenery folder.

This package works great in FS9 and I would recommend that you try it in FS9 first. I have not tested it in FSX yet, so I am not exactly sure how it might work. FSX has a built-in AI tube liner bias and its consequent priority on push backs might pose a problem since all of my AFCADs are set up for drive through parking and straight out taxiing. As you probably know there is an ADE workaround technique to overcome the FSX pushback priority, but getting the placement of the extra node in the identical relative location for all the parking spots involved in 2 ship formation takeoffs in order to maintain the identical length of time to taxi out of a parking spot might be a challenge. :(

I've never converted any of these four traffic files to the FSX traffic file format or converted any of my invisible, overlay AFCADs to ADE files with the push back workaround in order to test them in FSX, so I would be interested in hearing if and/or how well they work in FSX for you.

There is another post relative to this package in the MAIW forums at the following link that you might want to check out at the following link:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 37#p135337
    Thanks Mike I will try it in FS9, and if I get it to work in FSX will let you know.
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

WhiskeyJake wrote:Thanks Mike I will try it in FS9, and if I get it to work in FSX will let you know.
    WhiskeyJake,

Desert Drydock has already posted in the other thread that the Blue Angels' white AI airshow smoke effect that I used does not work in FSX, but that can be either be disabled or replaced with an FSX effect. This probably means that none of the colored AI airshow smoke effects that I used for the various formation flights will work in FSX either, so they might also need to be disabled or replaced. :(

I think the 3 biggest problems that you will run into in trying to use my FS9 Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Package in FSX will be possible issues with some of the FS9 AI aircraft that I used, the different manner by which FSX determines the parking radius of AI aircraft and as I stated above the fact that FSX always has AI aircraft push back before taxiing out. My guess is that all of these can probably be overcome, but it will take a lot of work. :(

Good Luck,
      Mike M.
      WhiskeyJake
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by WhiskeyJake »

Mike just installed in FS9, just think will leave; as it is really a great looking show you did...
      mikewmac
      MAIW Veteran
      MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

WhiskeyJake wrote:Mike just installed in FS9, just think will leave; as it is really a great looking show you did...
      Thanks for the kind words WhiskeyJake,

Since it was specifically created for FS9, I am sure that it will work best when installed there. :wink:

Someday when I have some free time I might test it in FSX myself. :lol:
        Mike M.
        Blue Angel 1
        Cadet
        Cadet

Post by Blue Angel 1 »

Does it have any Blue Angels Ai Formations on this website that will work in FSX
        ConcordeBOAF
        Captain
        Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

How would I make an AI Airshow?
        If you don't try you can never succeed, if you always try you succeed more.
        Twitter: @Brandon71822792
        Firebird
        MAIW Admin
        MAIW Admin
        Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

OK it is obvious from your other posts that your experience in AI is limited.
        So I say this in the nicest possible way that you are expecting far too much of yourself at the moment.

At the moment you are struggling to get simple flightplans from A to B you can't possibly get your head around an airshow flying display. Most people here can't get to grips with that.
        Once you have the simple flying from A-B then it is a simple escalation to have multiple aircraft flying from C,D,E,F etc to B. That way you will have a meeting on the ground and of course the net step is to program them all to return home.

Your enthusiasm is currently outstripping your ability. I would suggest forgetting everything about an airshow until you have got the basics nailed down.
        Steve