The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAS Oceana help

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Jason

NAS Oceana help

Post by Jason »

Hi all, I have finally been able to install these MAIW packages into my FSX, now I have one small issue, I have down loaded the USN airliners 4 package which is supposed to have scenery for NAS Oceana, however, no scenery come out when I instal, it does not show up with any of the other MAIW scenery from other packages I've installed.

Can anyone help me get them or point me in the right direction for some NAS Oceana scenery I can use?

Thanks in advance
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: NAS Oceana help

Post by Firebird »

I have just downloaded and installed the package to a temp location and I can confirm that the scenery is included.
The folder is called 'MAIW NAS Oceana (KNTU)' and needs to be placed in your FSX structure and activated. Can you find the folder, and is it activated?
Steve
Jason

Post by Jason »

Hi mate, no, I installed the USN airliners 4 package using its own installer and then use AIFP2 to convert the files from FS9 to FSX, as I have done will all the other one, NAS Lemoore being the best example but I've also done Nellis like that and they all worked, their scenery files were automatically put into Add on scenery as MAIW Nellis and Lemoore with a whole bunch of others, but there is no MAIW KTNU or MAIW Oceana or anything to do with Oceana.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well firstly we should point out that the installer is not for FS9/FSX it is only for FS9. This is why you have to install to a temp location and copy stuff across.
I would check on your system you may find that you have a 'Flight Simulator 9' folder somewhere. To prove this re-install to a temp location, i.e. D:\MAIW\USN pt4, and look inside the folder you will see the scenery there.

If other stuff has worked fine, you either just got lucky or you may find there is actually some other stuff missing as well.
Steve
Jason

Post by Jason »

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try and let you know.
Jason

Post by Jason »

It worked mate, thanks for the advice.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad to have been able to help.
Steve
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

I installed MAIW NAS Oceana (KNTU) in FS9 and got a CTD.
I found out the "bad" bgl was: Oceana1_VTPH.BGL.

But without this scenery there are lot of trees on the air base (runway etc)
Guenther
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

From which package did you install the scenery?
Steve
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

It was MAIW NAS Whiting North V2_Desmond Burrell.zip
Guenther
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have checked the files in pacl #201, USN Airliners IV, and #205, NAS Whiting North, and they are identical files wise. This both the scenery and texture folders.

I also checked the scenery\world\texture addon folder and folder that they were identical.

Now because in my scenery folder I found some docs, I realised that I had installed the scenery that JS released solo rather than the one included in our package. So just for a laugh I compared the scenery in the package you installed to the files in the stand alone pack by JS. They were identical with the exception that the JS pack the landclass file was in the scenery folder rather than separate and the afcad file was different.

The interesting thing to note here was that in the documentation was the following :-
Installation Instructions:
Unzip the downloaded file “KNTU_JS.zip” and you should have a folder called “Naval Air Station Oceana”. Open this folder and copy the contents AS-IS to your main FS9 directory. You may be asked to overwrite existing files, please do so as there are no default files involved. Activate the new folder “NAS Oceana (KNTU)” in your FS9 Addon Scenery folder and you should be good to go.

WARNING: If you fail to follow these instructions you may find that essential texture files are missing which WILL result in a program crash at startup. It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that the files in the Scenery/World/Texture folder be placed in the same folder in your FS9 setup. These files contain the textures for the photo-ground cover and custom polygons. Failure to have the files in the right place WILL result in a program crash at startup. If you do not wish to use the photo-background or custom poly textures then disable/delet the following files

New_Oceana_Photo_Poly-Lines_VTPL.BGL
New_Oceana_Photo_Poly-Lines_VTPP.BGL
Oceana1_VTPH.BGL
So what you have is mentioned and it also specifically mentions that file. So I would double check that all the correct files are in the right place and not put in the local scenery folder.

See if that helps.
Steve
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

Thanks a lot, Steve,
I will check it and let you know.
It could take a day or two,
Guenther
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

It was my fault.
The scenery\world\textures had to be copied to my fs9 installation.
(I use to install new packages first in another folder to check what the installer exe does).

All is fine now, thanks a lot Steve for your help
Guenther
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

Another question for NAS Whiting Field North.
The package contains a lot of T6a but no T6b.
Is this wanted?
Guenther
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad its OK now.

The T-6B is an upgraded T-6A with a glass cockpit. Most, if not all, were delivered as A's. As all the differences are internal you can use the same model(s) for the Bs. The only difference that you would see from the outside, in daylight ours, would be that the B has a HUD.
Steve
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

Thanks Steve to clear my confusion.
Guenther