The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

ISRA's Phenomenal Sceneries .... but no AI parking??

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

ISRA's Phenomenal Sceneries .... but no AI parking??

Post by dk1213 »

Hey Guys

I actually am surprised nobody has mentioned this. On this website http://www.isra.ch/ you can find a pretty cool Swiss Mirage III, and also a handful (if not think all) of the Swiss air bases, in phenomenal quality. Considering there aren't any Swiss air bases available, these are an awesome addition. Even the caverns in the mountain at Buochs air base are represented, the interior done phenomenally.

The only issue with them is there is no AI parking at any of the bases, with the exception of a couple spots at Meringen AB, which seems strange considering how good the bases were done. I attempted to use AFX to create spaces, but I had never used it before and honestly it came out like crap at the bases I tried to fix. I couldn't figure out the program and have little time and even less patience to learn it, my planes were misplaced and they were facing the wrong directions, etc. Not very convincing, it looked like a bunch of drunks were parking jets there. I want to offer to leave this with someone on these boards who's skills are far superior to what I can do with Afcad or AFX. It would be worth it for someone to add a bunch of spaces at all of these bases, considering with Ray Parker's Swiss F-18 and F-5 packages we need them, otherwise flying in Switzerland is unrealistic from a military standpoint which would be a shame because in my opinion it is the most beautiful country in the world to fly in. I am sure someone can turn out afcads for these bases in a couple minutes, where as I spent a half hour trying to figure out just Dubendorf AB and made it look like they let people from the bar come out and park the planes. I also have scenery for Emmen AB, not the greatest, but it for some reason wasn't included in Isra's bases and it is necessary as it is considered an Airbase and there are European air shows there every year. I think I have the best scenery available for it, if anyone wants it just ask. Anyway I am sure you guys will love these if you like flying in Europe or at least just want to see Ray's hornets and tigers flying around in Switzerland.

Thanks! :smt006

Dan
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Re: ISRA's Phenomenal Sceneries .... but no AI parking??

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi Dan,

My bad. :oops:

I did some afcads/ade files for these back in February and meant to share them.

Here they are now.
Attachments
Swiss Bases.zip
(113.21 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Just a heads up. If you have his Buochs Air Base (LSMU) installed you need mesh! If you don't have mesh the mountain where they have the hanger built inside the mountain will show up as half a mountain.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Any particular mesh that you would suggest to use with the scenery?
Steve
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

Steve I use UT and I have no issues with anything, the mountain looks good for me inside and out. I don't think I have any mesh there ....
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fair enough, Dan, but that is payware and by the nature of it alters the terrain.

From what Joseph says that if you are using dafault fs9 you need to add a mesh. UT Europe is one answer but it does mean parting with your hard earned cash. Some may prefer a cheaper alternative. So my question was really aimed for a target audience that would like to improve their experience for the least amount of cash possible.
Steve
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

For mesh scenery, you'd be hard pressed to find anything better than the Alps LOD10 Topo Mesh by Holger Sandmann & Jonathan de Ferranti. alpsw_fe.zip & alps_up1.zip at AVSIM (alpse_fe.zip if you want mesh for the Austrian & Italian alps as well).
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Just for clarity: Ultimate Terrain is landclass, not mesh so it does not alter any terrain.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:From what Joseph says that if you are using dafault fs9 you need to add a mesh. UT Europe is one answer but it does mean parting with your hard earned cash. Some may prefer a cheaper alternative. So my question was really aimed for a target audience that would like to improve their experience for the least amount of cash possible.
Yes I ment to say if you have the default FS9 you need mesh for Buochs Air Base. I use LOD 11 mesh that covers all of the alps. I found it while browsing this site http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.html#samoa but the link to the actual site where I downloaded the mesh from is no longer working. :(

And one more thing. I would not use mesh at Payerne. Only because with the mesh the airport looks like it's in a bowl with the mountains ringing the airport.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I just tried your new AFCAD for LSMU, are you sure that it is for ISRA's scenery? With your AFCAD the scenery does not match the AFCAD. There are taxiways going through bunkers and building, and the military apron parking in the scenery does not match the new AFCAD (the military planes are now parking on and outside the fence that is at the military apron).
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

I haven't had time to look at any of them, but it does seem like Stew may have made his own bases from scratch - just looking at the files he included, they look like bases he has done from scratch in some of his other packages ..... I am not sure if these are add-ons for Isra's stuff, or separate bases all together. I am sure Stew will see this and straighten it out.

I must have a mesh because I don't remember missing half a mountain at Buochs AB, and just because of the caverns that was the first base I took off from. There is no AI or parking in the cavern or on the base, which sucks. I know I had Switzerland Pro, maybe that fixed it. I have no idea I can't remember. I know that they should be getting Gripens in Switzerland in the next couple years, or maybe already. I know they tested one there for awhile, a NG model - it had a black tail with a stencil of a lion on it - it looked awesome. I haven't looked to see if they made any decision yet.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Joseph29 wrote:I just tried your new AFCAD for LSMU, are you sure that it is for ISRA's scenery? With your AFCAD the scenery does not match the AFCAD. There are taxiways going through bunkers and building, and the military apron parking in the scenery does not match the new AFCAD (the military planes are now parking on and outside the fence that is at the military apron).
Joe,

The LSMU included is in fact for the freeware lucerneafb.zip from Flightsim, as is the Alpnach ones.

Unfortunately, I did these some months ago and just grabbed everything Swiss and uploaded it, in response to Dan's post.

Please be gentle with me............................ah'm gettin' old. :wink:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Stewart Pearson wrote:Hi Dan,

Here they are now.
For wich original scenery is the LFME Emmen AFCAD ?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

TheFoufure wrote:
Stewart Pearson wrote:Hi Dan,

Here they are now.
Sorry, cannot remember, try this one;

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... d=50601128
Stew

TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

I heve this message from Flightsim... "No Files matched your search criteria."

What's the name of the file ?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

TheFoufure wrote:I heve this message from Flightsim... "No Files matched your search criteria."

What's the name of the file ?
Actually, don't think that's the right one mate.

The only other place to try would be;

http://www.flightforum.ch/board/

Go through a translation first though.
Stew

leuen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

TheFoufure wrote:
This LSME Afcad fits perfectly with Emmen scenery of payware package "Patrouille Suisse".
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

I've search. And I find the Patrouille Suiss payware on Simmarket, but the downloadable version is for FSX only.... and I use FS9. Only the BOX version is for FS9 and FSX.... I don't want the box one.

If someona can tell me where I can find a FS9 downloadable version, on other site like simmarket ?

thanks a lot.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by Tranquil »

Shame there is no decent Alpnach (LSMA) for all those Helis!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
leuen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »