The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI issues with FS9 RAF Gutersloh in FSX.

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

AI issues with FS9 RAF Gutersloh in FSX.

Post by Redtail »

With the release of Manfreds Harrier Hides I decided to use his FS9 RAF Gutersloh in FSX. I get the following problem,
JY's Harriers are all present at Gutersloh but no matter what I try they do not move or fly.

Yes, I have converted FS9 Traffic to FSX and I do not have any other AFCAD for ETUO. I have got the pusual problem with the FS9 tree transparencies.

With Manfreds help I have been trying to get it to work but as yet I have failed.

Has anyone else tried to run FS9 Gutersloh in FSX and had the same problem :?
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: AI issues with FS9 RAF Gutersloh in FSX.

Post by TheFoufure »

Have you try to use a FSX version of JYAI Harrier ?

You can find them here : http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... h-sqn-jyai
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Redtail »

Yes, Tried that.I have also used another traffic file from Manfred, no joy. The only other thing that happens is the AI Harrier calls ATC
but gets no response.Its as if ATC does not recognize The AI at all.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Step 1 make sure it's the harriers: I doubt it is. But check to make sure. Use Traffic Tools or something similar to uncompile the flgiht plans, swap in an AI model that you know works and test it out. If the new model also won't go flying, we know it isn't the harriers

Step 2: Look at the AFCAD file comm settings. If the tower isn't set up right, AI will wait for ever for a response that won't be coming.
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Redtail »

I have just tested both of the above but no change and reading the AFCAD in ADE the comms appear to be fine.

Has anyone else had issues with running Gutersloh FS9 in FSX?
lucame
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lucame »

Hi everybody,
first of all please excuse me because of my poor english!
It' s the first time I write something in this forum.
AI Harriers work good in FSX ( I never had problems: even ATC it's OK)) but I have some buildings on the taxiway; I tried with ADE to delete them but without success.
Does anyone have a good idea?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

See my tutorial here and scroll down to the instructions on how to create a new airport background polygon. This poly will surpress autogen trees and buildings.
lucame
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lucame »

Thank you very much Greg.

I'll try as soon as possible ! :smt006
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Redtail »

Hello Greg, I think you were directing lucame towards your tutorial regarding converting FS9 into FSX. However I have converted the raw flight plan text files as stated in your tutorial to see if that has made any difference, but alas not.I still get all of Johns Harriers
shown but none move or fly!! I still get the AI calling up ATC but ATC remain silent.
It is very frustrating as it must be some very simple reason for them not to fly. All my other airports/airfields- I only have military ones all work without any problems.I even have two FS9 ones that are fine except for the tree issue.
Any other idea's chaps?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I wonder if it sounds similar to the issue we had recently with Miramar. On that occasion somebody ensured that the freqs were correct for the real base but some were outside of a range that seemed to work for FS9. Once I amended the comms it was fine. That was similar in that aircraft would not exit the runway as they could not communicate with the tower.

Can you confirm that the issue with Gutesloh, and that you have not altered the comms in anyway? The reason I say this is that lucame does not have a problem in FSX with ETUO.
Steve
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Redtail »

Hello Steve,
I can confirm that I have not touched the comms in any way.I have used Gutersloh straight from the download from Avsim.
The only alteration from the basic FS9 package,was to convert the traffic bgl to work in FSX.
As I said at the start Manfred has been trying to help.He sent a WIP AFCAD for his FSX version to be released in the future.
However I got the same result very strange!! All my other airfields work and I have never had this problem before.
I checked the comms channel in ADE and it was showing the same as displayed in the aircraft.I can talk to ATC and they talk back to me as normal, but not the AI!!!%%%****££££ and they do not move.
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Redtail »

just a quick update. the only other thing I forgot to mention was that I am using Orbx German North scenery.
I decided to not load that and go with the default Europe scenery.Hay presto I have all aircraft moving and flying and full ATC involvement.
However, if i return to using the scenery again everything is still working -very odd!!

Perhaps a combination of re doing traffic files using the raw text one and changing the scenery has kicked into life.I can't explain it.
Thanks to all for all the suggestions and advice. If I nail the reason I will come back and tell you.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Something with the Orbx scenery must be stamping over the ETUO scenery. Does the Orbx scenery have any afcads for ETUO or EDUO included?

The weird thing is that if there are parking spaces the aircraft will appear but if there is no route to the runway then they will disappear when given permission to taxi. The fact that they appear and stay there seems to indicate an ATC issue.
Steve
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Redtail »

Hello Steve , Yes there are AFCADs for ETUO but as said the first time ETUO worked I had removed them.However I then put them back in and it had no effect at all -very strange.Several of my RAF bases Wattisham. Lossiemouth and Coningsby nead the Orbx AFCADs removed. If not you get problems with different ground hights sometimes leaving holes in the ground!! or cliff edges.
I believe with ETUO it has to be something else. However what that is I cant say at the moment.
I am just pleased that it now works. Just another FSX phenomena!!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just to clarify, when you disable the Orbx scenery does everything works as it did before?
Steve
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Redtail »

Yes, after disabling the three files [ scenery x2 plus objects file] every thing works.However, as a test I put them back again and Gutersloh still worked. This lead me to believe that it had to be some other issue.But what that is I don't know!
lucame
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lucame »

Hi everybody.

I've followed Greg's tutorial but what I get is a grey polygon, not a blue one.
When I compile the airport I have always the same buildings on the taxiways. :evil:
I'm sure I do something wrong but I don't know what.
Another question: should I delete any files in the original Scenery folder before I compile?

Many thanks for the help
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Are you sure you're making a terrain polygon and not an apron? The correct button on the ribbon is the one with the green shape.
lucame
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lucame »

Yes Greg,I've always used the green one.

I've tried once again now but the polygon is always grey. :smt102