The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Flightplan question

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Flightplan question

Post by Joseph29 »

I was installing some USCG AI in P3D v4 and noticed something with Barbers Point and Clearwater C-130's. In the aircraft cfg entry for Barbers point the paints have the line atc_flight_number= (and then the number), but the paints for Clearwater do not have that line. Why would one have the line but the other one would not. Is the atc_flight_number= line needed?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Re: Flightplan question

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Doesn't need that entry, nor does it matter whether it's there or not. The flight number will be whatever the entry in the flightplan is.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks! I just noticed that atc_flight_number= line is in all the blackhawks (and the other versions) too.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Depends on the developer. Some guys delete that line, others leave it in.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Another Flighplan question:

I am trying to install the C-130's that have recently had their models updated into my P3Dv4. The aircraft from my RAF C130 traffic file show up fine as do the Singapore Exotic Alberts (Which I have moved to Changi). But when I try to convert the WCANG or SWANG traffic file Nothing shows up. What is even more annoying is that if I then take the AC from SWANG and create a small test traffic file using Bruntingthorpe they show up. Have also compared against the recently released A-10 FP's for KDMA and can see nothing obvious (The A-10's show up no problem). Has something changed in the formatting of traffic files between FS9 and P3Dv4 ??

Regards
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Don't know about P3D Pete, but they certainly changed between FS9 and FSX.
Stew

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I made sure I converted the files to FSX compatible so its not that. It seems that a/c just refuse to appear at KRNO/KNTD/KNUQ even though I have updated the AFD's from stock so that they have several RAMP_MIL_CARGO spots and they are all 22m radius. These aircraft do appear correctly when looking at other airports KLRF shows all its own C130's and visitors from the WCANG. Still digging but this may take some time.
Pete B
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Don't forget that in all versions post-FS9 the parking requirements are no longer decided by the mdl size. They are decided by the wingspan of the aircraft. It could be that your P3D parking slots need to be amended.

Try checking the size of the mdls for FSX/P3D using Martins AIAE to see if they require larger spots.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 21:07 Don't forget that in all versions post-FS9 the parking requirements are no longer decided by the mdl size. They are decided by the wingspan of the aircraft. It could be that your P3D parking slots need to be amended.

Try checking the size of the mdls for FSX/P3D using Martins AIAE to see if they require larger spots.
That's probably why I don't see any AI at Davis Monthan AFB.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The parking spots for the A-10s at Davis-Monthan in FSX are indeed bigger than the same spots in FS9. So, if you have used the FSX AFCAD in P3Dv4, the spots have already been adjusted and the A-10s should show as they do in my P3Dv4.

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Parking spots available at correct size (or slightly larger). C130’s at KDMA show up fine and I’m running out of ideas. All aircraft checked correct in AIAE (That’s where I got the spot sizes from). Even a quick single A/C plan refuses to show up.
Pete B
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well Pete, if you have checked two obvious causes, the parking spot size and the aircraft titles then there are only two obvious causes left.

Test by doing a test plan of at least one of your working converted RAF C-130s to one of your problem bases.
If it/they show up then double-check your AI percentage setting.

If it/they don't show up it sounds like the old FS9 traffic file in the mix issue. Don't forget you have to check every folder in your active scenery list for traffic files not just your default traffic folder.
I know that JS used to put traffic files in his scenery and I know that he did KNUQ scenery. He is not the only one we have done it as well.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Looks like I will have to dig through all my scenery files then. Luckily there are not many of them to search through as I'm still in the formative stages of P3Dv4. I initially discarded the idea of an FS9 Traffic file as I could see a couple of other Airline AI aircraft when I started Traffic toolbox explorer and also the Default trafficaircraft.
Pete B
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Maybe the quickest way is to use the Everything tool and just search for traffic*.bgl then you can sort that list by path and any stragglers should be easy to find.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

You were right Steve. Its a traffic file. Removed all but 1 traffic files from my d:\P3D Add-on\AI TrafficAircraft\Scenery folder and they appear. now to find which one is the culprit !
Pete B
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

All fixed and sorted. Thanks for the pointer Steve. I was sure that all my Traffic files were correct but not 1 but 4 were in FS9 format. They must have snuck in whilst I wasn't looking.
Pete B
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad its sorted, Pete.
Steve