The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW RAF Coningsby

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

MAIW RAF Coningsby

Post by Christopher Low »

I have just noticed something when arriving at MAIW RAF Coningsby in the PMDG 737 NGX (P3D v3.3.5). I was unable to pick up the VOR frequency or glideslope for the ILS approach to runway 25, so I checked the AFD file. The GlideSlope frequency was set to 111.15 Mhz, but the ILS localiser was at 110.70. Am I just using an old version of the airfield, or does this need to be corrected?
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: MAIW RAF Coningsby

Post by swp53 »

Rwy 25 ILS/DME I-CNY 111.150 Ch 48Y
Past Beta Tester
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Christopher Low »

I am not sure if you understand the reason for my post. The localiser frequency should be 111.15 Mhz in the MAIW RAF Coningsby package, but it is 110.70 Mhz in the version I have installed on my PC. Easy enough to correct, but I just wanted to know if this has already been done?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

What we found when we recently did scenery for Miramar was that when the actual real world freqs were put AI went to hell in a handcart. The reason was that some of the freqs were out of range for FS9 and were ignored so a lot of ATC function was lost. When we fell back to the freqs of the original game everything was fine.

If I remember correctly one of the things that did not work was the .x5 freqs so the correct freq could not be used.

If it is fixed in P3D then great.
Steve