The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AiFP and Ship Traffic

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

AiFP and Ship Traffic

Post by Woogey »

Hey guys, does anybody have any recommendations for editing ship traffic files? I tried to open a ship Traffic.bgl with Aifp, but it did not populate any data in the config screens. Am I missing something, or is Aifp for aircraft only? Is there a similar program for Surface vessels? -Woog
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: AiFP and Ship Traffic

Post by mikewmac »

Woogey wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 19:08 Hey guys, does anybody have any recommendations for editing ship traffic files? I tried to open a ship Traffic.bgl with Aifp, but it did not populate any data in the config screens. Am I missing something, or is Aifp for aircraft only? Is there a similar program for Surface vessels? -Woog

Woog,

I believe AIFP is only for AI aircraft, but you can decompile boat traffic.bgl files into the three files; boats, plans and routes, using AIBTC (AI Boat Traffic Compiler) by Lamont Clark and then you can modify both the boats and plans text files with a simple text editor before recompiling a new boat traffic.bgl file.

Modifying a route file is different as AIBTC uses Google Earth .kml files and Google Earth is used to create/modify them.

Lamont Clark also provides a pretty good 'how-to' HTML file which is included in the AIBTC folder and definitely should be read before trying to use AIBTC.

I haven't used AIBTC yet, but it appears to be a pretty straight forward process.

BTW...AIBTC is a java based tool and requires java to be installed.

Good Luck,
    Mike M.