The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Davis Monthan AFB issue in P3Dv4

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
jjohnson
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Davis Monthan AFB issue in P3Dv4

Post by jjohnson »

I installed the Davis Monthan AFB Scenery for P3Dv4 and when I got into the simulator much of the base was underneath the ground, deep like more than just 10 or 15 feet.

I'm running Prepar3D V4.1 with Rex SF3D, AS for V4, Orbx FTX Global, openLC North America, NA Airport Pack. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Greg on 22 Apr 2018, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic split from official MAIW conversion packages thread
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post by airplanedoktor »

You"ll need to run the Airfield Elevation Correction (AEC) Tool in FTX Vector for KDMA.

Open the ORBX Folder in P3D. Under FTX VECTOR, You'll find the FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool program. You can run that and you'll see a tab called Airfield Elevation Correction. You can run it automatically to disable all, or select an individual airport to disable from the list or search, in this case KDMA.

This should take care of most of it. You may see still some variations in elevation (looking like airport is on a cliff at one end) depending on what terrain mesh you are using and the fact FSX/P3D cannot depict sloping runways.

Hope that helps...my E/H model C-130s show up with black textures, still haven't figure'd that one out yet. The structure of texture file is exact same as J models, which are fine.

Cheers!
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Davis Monthan AFB issue in P3Dv4

Post by Foxbat »

You can't use the Hercs in that package. I tried, and saw them without wheels, there was heavy stuttering, and effects in the clouds (!). If memory serves, I discovered they were FS9 models. I fixed it by using the new Conversion Herc package. Cannot remember if I found the birds there, or converted the package textures to dds, then transferred the paints (and cfg entrys) to the Conversion birds.
Andrew