The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Question to the model makers.

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Question to the model makers.

Post by col1948 »

This may seem like an unusual question but I was reading a thread on another forum where a newbie as they sometimes call them was asking a question, this made me think of when some of you model makers very first started, as a newbie model maker.

First let me say the models I've downloaded from this site are first class and work perfectly, so I'm not knocking any one of you, but do you remember you first attempt and and what it felt like to actually see it flying in the sim, answers please lol?

Col.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Question to the model makers.

Post by John Young »

I remember it very well. It was in March 2011. I had many years experience of designing detailed custom scenery at ACG,when we picked on an airfield in the UK (Duxford) that needed lots of static aircraft models. I had always avoided complex curved shapes in Gmax, but decided to have a go and built a Hurricane on a pole. I then tried a DH Rapide, but this time took it a step further and made it fly as AI.

It did that first time. The sense of achievement was not so much the take-off, but that having flown the circuit, it came back in to land and settled gently on to the runway and went back to park. I made a few more models for Duxford and just got hooked on AI. That early success led the way to the 70 or so aircraft built since then.

John