The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

not a clue

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
dnsdodge
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

not a clue

Post by dnsdodge »

new to this site not sure where or how to post this, think i'm doing everything according to instructions but I get very little to no ai military traffic at all I do get the occasional plane stuck in the fueling island near a random hanger but that's it, any place to get help? any videos for a novice such as me? thank you
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: not a clue

Post by Firebird »

The first and most important thing to know is that FSX and FS9 traffic files are different. They have a different start day of the week and some ICAOs are different in FSX.

All of our packages include FS9 traffic files UNLESS they are one of the later ones and either include FSX traffic files as an option or there is an FSX version of the package.

Now FSX will use FS9 traffic files perfectly well. The problem becomes if you add FSX traffic files. If there are any FS9 traffic files at all for that area then FSX will ignore the FSX traffic files.
So it could be that you have one or more FS9 traffic files in you system.

My suggestion would be to first install AIFP3 (AI Flight Planner) as one of its many functions is that it can find FS9 traffic files, then it can convert them to FSX.
This issue is the biggest bug bear for FSX/P3D users when traffic doesn't appear.

Once you have made sure that you have no FS9 traffic files in any active FSX folder then see what it looks like.
Steve