The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Valley for P3D V4 Afcad problem

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
grahaml
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

RAF Valley for P3D V4 Afcad problem

Post by grahaml »

Version one which I ran in FSX Steam gave no me problems with lots of Hawks parked with comings and going to and from the airfield.

The AFCAD file (EGOV_ADEX_MK_1) opened in AFX and FSTramp matches and shows lots of parking spaces all over the airfield as you would expect.

As I am now running P3d V4 I was very pleased when Valley arrived and was quickly installed.
The scenery was just great and as before with aircraft in the air but only six aircraft parked even then I set my AI traffic to a higher level. These six are not even parked in line with the scenery.

I compared the AFCAD file (EGOV_ADEP3_MK) in AFX anf FSTramp and this time they do not match.

Viewed in AFX it looks the same as the old FSX version with the same high number of parking spaces but when viewed in
FSTramp it shows only six parking slots.

It appears as if the new AFCAD file EGOV_ADEP3_MK is not being recognised by P4d V4 and is reverting to the default one hence just the six aircraft parking in the wrong places.

My Traffic file is updated with the latest Hawks via MATRIX all looked fine with some 40 Hawks listed validated in AIFP3.

Any thoughts on this problem and how I can get Valley ‘fully operational’ again.

Thank you.
GrahamL
grahaml
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: RAF Valley for P3D V4 Afcad problem

Post by grahaml »

Sorted !!!

I checked all of P3D V4 for any files with 'EGOV' within it and, as usual, 'ORBX' was the cause or the problem.
I archived the scenery files within ORBX Wales. I should have realised sooner as, allthough they are good, they do tend to take over any flight sim which it runs runs in!

Just Flight's Traffic Global 'Airport Facitities' also referenced 'EGOV' so I archived that as well to be on the safe side.

It took a long time to sort it but in the end I am happy to say that RAF Valley is fully operational again

Keep up he good work at MAIW
Regards
GrahamL
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: RAF Valley for P3D V4 Afcad problem

Post by Greg »

Indeed, the compatibility issue with ORBX was already mentioned in the RAF Valley development thread here, but finding it out yourself gives more satisfaction, no? :wink:

I'm going to lock this thread to avoid two parallel discussions.