The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Lakenheath EGUL

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
sputnick007
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Lakenheath EGUL

Post by sputnick007 »

I am having great problems with the Lakenheath add on.
For some reason I cant get it into the correct folder in FSX steam edition.
When i go to the settings page in FSX there is no button for add scenery only add area.
Can you tell me how to get it into fsx, should it be in add ons or scenery folder.
Have spoken to people on steam forum who tell me is is easy but I am struggling.
Also on your readme file it tells me to untick the original airfield but there is nowhere to untick it.
All Uk airfields seem to be embedded in the system.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Lakenheath EGUL

Post by John Young »

Hi Sputnick007 and welcome to the forum.

You can place the scenery wherever you want to - in the FSX addon scenery folder, or in a folder any where on your hard drive. When you add it to the FSX scenery library, you will navigate to it's location and that will tell FSX where to find it each time you run it.

It's the "add area" button that you press to add the scenery. Did you try clicking it?

The problem that you might find is that having clicked it, it might not add the area. What you have to do is right click the white area of that little window to put the scenery at the top of the list. You can then move the scenery down as you wish.

John
sputnick007
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sputnick007 »

Many thanks, I have got it working ok but i now have two lakenheath files but both are showing in the free flight area as Lakenheath Helicopters but in the scenery list there is only one Lakenheath EGUL v2 .
Both work ok and are different scenery.
sputnick007
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sputnick007 »

I have since unticked the box in fsx settings and am now back to where I was before I installed your scenery but back to default FSX lakenheath scenery, and now indications of Lakenheath helicopters.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Pave Hawk helicopters at Lakenheath operate in a separate AFCAD file from the F-15s in the main scenery. The file creates a helicopter runway and helicopter parking on the northern side of the airfield and is called "AFX_ACG3.bgl". It should be in your Lakenheath\scenery folder.

You will also need my FSX Blackhawk helicopter package installed into your FSX\simobjects\airplanes folder and the traffic file "Traffic_LN_Helos_FSX.bgl" installed into FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder.

Can you confirm please that you have these 3 elements installed?

If you untick the box in the scenery library in FSX settings you will disable the Lakenheath installation and as you found, only the default Lakenheath will display. Since this has no AFCAD file for the helicopters you won't see them even if you have the helicopters and the traffic file installed. If you want Ian's Lakeneath and my Pave Hawk's to be visible, the Lakenheath box in the scenery library must be ticked.

John
sputnick007
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sputnick007 »

Many thanks John,
Yes I have "AFX_ACG3.bgl" file in scenery folder.
Where do I go to get the FSX Blackhawk helicopter package an Traffic_LN_Helos_FSX.bgl
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No problem, it's what we are here for.

The FSX Pave Hawk helicopters for Lakenheath are included in the Black Hawk Family package that's in the Download Hangar. This is the link:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... family-fsx

The traffic file is attached.

John
Attachments
Lakenheath Helos.zip
(585 Bytes) Downloaded 36 times
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Once again assistance is needed.

During the weekend I made several attempts to install Lakenheath v2. That part went well. In my FSX setup the airfield looked fine. Waypoints installed in AddonSceneryJMP\Scenery and AddonSceneryJMP added to top of FSX Scenery Library.

Next the JYAI FSX versions of the F15s - no trouble at all. Installed in the correct place. Really looking forward to seeing this base work.
Downloaded AIFPv3 and converted FS9 flightplans to FSX format, deleted FS9 traffic bgl and replaced it in FSX Scenery\World\Scenery with FSX traffic bgl. Result nix!!!

Deleted all and repeated whole exercise. Checked everything which seems to be in the correct places relative to FSX but still no aircraft at AI Lakenheath.

I have no idea how to correct this situation; can a more experienced forum member please give some guidance?

All AI traffic on nearby Mildenhall is working.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like you might have either your traffic percentage set too low, always set it to 100% when you are testing a new install, or you have another FS9 traffic file in your system. use AIFP to Find FS9 Traffic Files.

They are the easiest to check for.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Firebird, thanks for your reply.

AIFP scan this evening found no FS9 Traffic files in system.

My traffic percentage is always set at 100%.

All other AI working well.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK next two things to check.
One is that the afcad has the correct parking sizes for FSX. you can use Martin's AIAE to check that, and secondly when you load the flightplans up into AIFP are the individual aircraft coloured red or black?
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

I have Martin's AIAE program but I cannot see how to check the fsx afcad = AFX_ACG3.bgl.

I have used the AIAE program to change John's F15 acft. cfg. wingspan from 48.5 ft. to 60 ft. to produce a 30ft parking radius. The conversion worked but still no aircraft visible.

I am determined to solve this problem.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Have just installed Pavehawk helicopters at Lakenheath. They are flying OK. No sign of F15s.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK firstly you should never alter the aircraft.cfg.
Although this is the parm used by FSX to determine the size of the parking spots altering the wingspan WILL dramatically alter the flight characteristics of the plane and COULD cause massive problems so alter it back. What you have done is lessen the probability of F-15s showing up not increasing it.

Now you didn't answer my question about what colour the listed aircraft were when you loaded the traffic file up into AIFP. This is an important error check so could you please tell us.

The afcad file AFX_ACG3 is only for the Pave Hawks. The F-15s will use AFX_EGUL or AF2_EGUL.
If you could zip up and send me the traffic file for those F-15s please I want to check it.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Have to leave this until tomorrow; 22:00 hrs. here. Shutdown time.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Firebird please see your PMs.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

The listed aircraft were coloured RED.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK. I got your attachment and it confirms what i thought might be happening.

The big clue is if a title is red in AIFP. That means that the aircraft entry does not exist in your system.
In your case none of the the aircraft exist.

The reason why is quite simple. You have decide to use the paints for the JYAI model but the flightplans were done for the NBAI model.
Converting the flightplan to FSX standard will not change the aircraft titles. you have to do that manually.

You can either take the raw txt files from the original package and change all the aircraft titles to match the fltsim entries in the newly installed JYAI aircraft.cfg file and re-compile to FSX standard or you can load up the converted traffic file in AIFP and substitute in the new scheme for each old one and re-compile.

The AIFP will help you on substitution.

Hopefully this is clear.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Attached is the traffic file I have for my F-15s (JYAI) at Lakenheath. I have just checked it and a great deal of F-15's appear. It may not be the definitive file and others may have something better. However, it should enable you to check that you have the aircraft visible.

John
Attachments
Traffic_FSX_Lakenheath_JYAI_F-15s.zip
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 27 times