The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Lakenheath EGUL

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Lakenheath EGUL

Post by hobby »

11:52 Hours. No aircraft to be seen in the central area at this time. I'll just do a new FSX scenery cfg and then recheck this area. If no aircraft appear I'll install ACA 2017 and see what results can be obtained.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

You do still see the Pave Hawks though, don't you?
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

I took the Pave hawks out in order to start with a clean sheet for EGUL.

At 12:06 Hrs. I made a copy of my FSX scenery cfg, found in C:\Program Data\MS\FSX and put it in a separate folder named current FSX scenery cfg on my desktop. I then deleted the existing scenery cfg from C:\Program Data location. I activated FSX and the program wrote a new scenery cfg. Much to my surprise I found that only contained default scenery. So deleted the newly written scenery cfg and replaced it with my saved scenery cfg from my desktop. As expected that brought back all my addon scenery but still no Eagles parked in the central compound.

Next on to ACA 2017.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes the clean cfg will only have the default MS scenery in. You would need to add back the EGUL scenery which would therefore mean that only the Lakenheath scenery is being tested.

If I were you I would add back the Pave Hawks. Why? Well simply put if they appear we can automatically rule out a stray FS9 traffic file, as they appeared before, but if you leave them out you can't be. By seeing the choppers there it does give you a limit to the problem.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

15:01 hrs. Just completed the ACA 2017 scan and apparently "a/c in flight plan are not present." I'm puzzled by that entry, all the F15s seem to be in the right place (SimObjects\ aircraft). What can be wrong? Must be something very simple staring me in the face yet I cannot see for looking!!

All my other AI at all other ACG bases is working fine but I shall put the EGUL helicopters back, just to have something operating out of EGUL until we can find the answer.

Thanks to John for advising where to look for F15s. There are an awful lot of dispersal areas to look into.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Now that is the sort of error that would definitely have that effect but I am baffled by the fact that AIFP shows the aircraft in black.

Would you mind exporting that error report to pdf and attaching it here, you will probably have to zip it first, just so I can see if there is anything obvious.
Also can you confirm that you are using a completely unaltered aircraft,cfg file from the original JYAI F-15 package in any way.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just to be absolutely sure, I downloaded the FSX version of my F-15s this afternoon to check that there were no discrepancies between what's in that zip and what's active in my FSX installation. I can confirm that both are the same.

So, if hobby has the same aircraft, my traffic file and his central area of Lakenheath looks like my screen shot, then he probably has the same scenery. Those 3 components being the same, the F-15s should be visible if all 3 are installed in the right place and nothing else in his FSX installation is causing a problem, like a duplicate AFCAD. We can probably rule out FS9 traffic files because of the appearance of the Pave Hawks - unless they are driven by an FS9-formatted file of course.

The aircraft.cfg file might be critical here as Steve suggests. See if you can attach it to your next post hobby and we can have a look.

John
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

John for acft cfg please see your PMs.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Firebird; Please see PMs for relevant PDF.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Will return to this problem tomorrow.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK as its half time in the Cowboys game I have taken a quick look at this.

It is 100% confirmed that you do not have the default F-15s from JY's pack installed so w/o doing anything else load up AIFP and that traffic file that John attached here earlier and take a screenshot of the AIFP panel showing the Aircraft List.

Could you send, via pm, that screenshot please and also the aircraft.cfg of those JYAI F-15s that you installed.

Thanks.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

But the aircraft.cfg file PM'd to me is the same as the one I have, both in terms of aircraft entries and file size.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK thanks,John.
That answers the question about whether the titles had been altered.
The only other thing that you can do is compare the two config files to see if there are any invisible characters in the titles that might throw it out. I once spent 8 months wondering why an aircraft didn't show up until I found that there was something other than the EOL character at the end of each title.

I am now curious to see the AIFP screenshot. At this moment I only have one other idea but it might be a bit of a stretch.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The better test I think is to put hobby's aircraft.cfg file in my F-15E folder in place of mine and to see if the aircraft appear. Having just tried that, I can confirm that they do. I think the file is sound.

I'm getting stuck for ideas too.

There's one further test we could do that might be useful. I could zip up my F-15E folder and Lakenheath scenery folder and upload them to my cloud server for hobby to download and install. We can be sure then that we are indeed both working from the same hymn sheets, provided they are installed correctly of course.

Alternatively I could direct hobby to Zsolt_fireman's repaints for the whole Lakenheath fleet and traffic file at Avsim. That might produce a different result, but it would complicate things.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, I initially thought that he was using Zsolts schemes but it dawned on me that this was not the case.

I am leaning towards there being something wrong in the cfg file to do with the simobjects. I was thinking that it was a traffic density thing, there being two density sliders in FSX, but that would not explain why ACA2017 says that none of them are in the system.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

If none of them aircraft are in the system, then I wonder if they are installed correctly. It's probably unlikely since the Pavehawks are showing, but just for hobby to check, this what I have:

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have found a way for AIFP NOT to show unavailable aircraft in red.

In AIFP, under the Options menu see if the item 'Highlite Missing ACS' is checked. If not select it so that a tick is next to the item and see if the aircraft change colour.
Also make sure that 'Maintain Installed AC list(s)' is checked'.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

One of my messages to the forum seems to have gone missing; earlier today I sent Firebird one acft cfg plus the screenshot of the AIFP scan he requested to his PM address.

Also the F-15 installation on my current Sim Objects\Airplanes looks exactly like John's screenshot above.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

So, we know the aircraft are in the right place and we are both using the same traffic file. Let's just check the Lakenheath scenery.

This is a temporary link to the Lakenheath scenery files that I am using:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/fgDltoMl7P

Just disable your current Lakenheath\scenery folder (leave the texture folder as is) and add mine.

Can you see the F-15's?

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

One other thing that did occur to me is which traffic slider(s) did you set to 100% as there are more than one in FSX, unlike FS9.

It must be said though that this would not explain why ACA2017 couldn't find the aircraft.
Steve