The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

instructor airframes

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

instructor airframes

Post by Joseph29 »

I was looking through scramble.nl for the RAF Tornados and saw that 2 of them included in the JYAI pack are instructor airframes. I was curious if instructor airframes fly. If they don't fly anymore I will either delete those planes from the plans or make them do TNG's in the middle of the night.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: instructor airframes

Post by John Young »

Are those the two GR4A's? If that's the case, I don't think they are active at Marham, but I included them in case any wants GR4A models. The serials for the rest were obtained by Brent from Scramble a couple of months ago. What's currently left in the flyable pool in the final months of service is anyone's guess.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

No they are not GR4A's. According to scramble.nl the registrations are ZA553 and ZD849.

There are 2 GR4A's that have been scrapped according to scramble. ZG713 and ZG714.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I am thinking here that if it was a fleet that had some discrepancies that it would be a major thing. However, JY did say that the fleet was disappearing even whilst he was producing it.

I think that you may have overlooked the easiest solution to complete accuracy. You could not install the package and be accurate from March.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I wouldn't take Scramble as Gospel. I've just done a search of photos of ZA553 and ZD849. The last photo I found of the former was 13 Sep 2018 and the latter, 18 Apr 2018, both in the air. This sort of nit picking just wastes time that I could have spent continuing to get the other Tornado's out.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

John Young wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 08:09 I wouldn't take Scramble as Gospel. I've just done a search of photos of ZA553 and ZD849. The last photo I found of the former was 13 Sep 2018 and the latter, 18 Apr 2018, both in the air. This sort of nit picking just wastes time that I could have spent continuing to get the other Tornado's out.

John

I guess scramble isn't as accurate as I thought. And if those planes I mentioned aren't flying I would of made the changes myself.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The only thing that's going to be accurate since those photos of ZA553 and ZD849 were taken, is if you or I were able to walk into the Operations Room at Marham and take a look at the aircraft status board, anything else requires frequent updates to the Scramble database from reliable sources. Add to that a dynamic situation with the run down of the remaining GR4's until they disappear completely in 4 month's time and there is precious little we onlookers can be confident about.

You could have checked, just as I did, to see what dates were on the latest photos of the two aircraft before creating an issue here.

John
Sophie Marketa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sophie Marketa »

Is it really that important to people to have such accuracy... one of the first things I added to my FSX setup was some of John's F-111's, even though I knew those airframes were buried under 50ft of dirt at the local Ipswich rubbish dump.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Members should be aware that developers cannot be expected to have everything bang up to date.

Every release is a snapshot of the situation when the file was being created.

Real life changes are a problem - because units can switch out aircraft on a regular basis. It is unrealistic to expect a developer to spend weeks creating paints, plans, scenery etc, only to throw all that work away because there has been changes during the development process.

We (MAIW) understand that some folks want realism and it was for that reason that we created a forum for that purpose.

https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/15/9114
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."