The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FSX SDK

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

FSX SDK

Post by hobby »

I have FSX Gold edition working on my computer and also ADE 1.75 ans AIFPv3. I should like to:

a) Make up some of my own AI flightplans for John's Lancasters and Canberras

b) Edit the parking on some of my Addon Airfields

Some years ago I had everything working well on FS9 but then MS force fed me W10 and with that came the change to FSX. To b eable to do a) & b) above I understand that I have to install FSX SDK before I can start to use ADE & AIFPv3. Can someone please advise me regarding the installation of the SDK on my W10 system? I have certain parts of FSX installed on my 'C' drive but AIFP, ADE 1.75 and FSX are on my 'D' drive.

I have tried to install the SDK from Disk 1 of my FSX Disks but all I seem to see is a long green ribbon extending near the middle of my screen which just keeps going for minutes on end with no sign of stopping, nor is there any sign of the expected SDK.exe. Not sure how to put things back on track at present so I've come here for advice.

One of the sets of detailed instructions available on the web mentions the use of files from the 'Acceleration' to update or make usable the final SDK in FSX Gold. The writer meant well but I got a bit lost half way through.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: FSX SDK

Post by Firebird »

Have you tries to start ADE and AIFP w/o installing the SDK?
I don't think that you do need it installed.

I think that you just need the sims installed and the apps look for the installation paths. if there is a problem with the installation path in the registry it may cause you grief.

I would try that first to see if anybody corrects me or not.

*** amendment ***
Just checked both of the manuals and AIFP does not mention installing SDKs.
ADE does.

See if this page helps you install it correctly https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index. ... tion_(FSX)
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

I've had no joy trying to install the FSXSDK. I sat for 25 minutes listening to the FSX Gold Disk 1 clatter round while the green band extended in pulses without presenting me with the hoped for SDK.exe!

I did study the fsdeveloper page prior to inserting the disk, their instruction were quite clear but without that SDK.exe I can't proceed.

Must get back to flying rather than fiddling about. I haven't given up hope of solving this problem but the 'action later' filing tray has come into use here.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Are you trying to install it straight from the disk or copy the sdk.exe from the disk to your HD?

I would be worried if you had a problem reading the disk as it could mean that you wouldn't be able to re-install should it be necessary.
There is a possibility that either your DVD drive needs the laser cleaning or it might be that the disk has become unstable.

From your point of view if you can't copy the exe from the disk then i would try taking it to another PC and copying it off and then worry about seeing what sort of a problem you actually have. Of course if the disk can't be read in another DVD drive then that would narrow it down.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Steve
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

I ran into the same issue installing FSX SDK with the disk "clattering round" from disk #1 of FSX Deluxe. Eventually installed, however there is about 45 minutes of my life that I will never get back. The installation of the service packs went much smoother.

Paul
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

A quick question about installing SDK. Where is the best place to install SDK; the default C:\ location or the drive where FSX is installed? I have FSX Deluxe Edition installed on my D:\ drive. Thanks in advance for the help.
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

It has never mattered for me. I just avoid installing SDKs in program files.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Exactly. As long as you keep it out of a 'Program Files' folder then you are likely to be good to go. I would be tempted to say that if you have a drive that you use for data then that would be best, but I know that most people don't spend time and money on large HDs that they the partition up.
Steve
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.