The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Missing Traffic

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Hints
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Missing Traffic

Post by Hints »

Hi
I have just installed the MCAS New River scenery for FSX. But can't get any traffic. Everything appears to be installed correctly and scenery is working and traffic installed to correct folder.

Any help please

Paul
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Missing Traffic

Post by Firebird »

Welcome, Paul.

Normally I would assume that you have not installed things properly, and this may be the case, but your post at least reads like you have checked everything.

Normally when no traffic appears it is due to a small number of issues.
Firstly, that there is no afacd for aircraft to park so nothing appears. As there is an afcad in the scenery it could be that the scenery is not activated. Double check this. It is very easy to not activate scenery in FSX properly.
The second cause is quite obvious that the aircraft have not been installed into the Simobjects folder, likewise no traffic files means no traffic.

Finally one that gets a lot of people is that traffic sliders are too low. Try putting both to 100% and checking again.

Sometimes I have had similar things happen and I just clear everything out and install again from scratch following meticulously the install instructions. You would be amazed how often it works the second time because you have done something daft the first time and just can't see it.
This is why clearing out and starting again helps the process.

let us know how you get on.
Steve
Hints
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Hints »

I checked installation and seemed ok, uninstalled and reinstalled and scenery still looks ok. Sliders for aircraft and GA aircraft are at 100%. Both aprons are bare!
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Double check to make sure you didn't accidentally use the included fs9 flight plans. Each flight plan should have _fsx on the end of it.
Hints
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Hints »

Yes they have prefix fsx bgl after them. I installed the traffic files as directed to Scenary/world/Scenary
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

If everything is in the right place, then the next most likely cause of the problem is that you have one or more FS9-formatted traffic files live in your FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder. Temporarily remove all traffic files except for the New River Ones and see if the traffic appears. If it does, put half back and test again. Use a process of divide and conquer to find the problem file(s). Better still and far quicker, use AIFP to scan your FSX installation for any FS9-formatted files. AIFP will also convert them to FSX for you if you ask it to.

John
Hints
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Hints »

Ok I will try that. Does it mean that if you have non-fsx traffic files in the folder the FSX files will not work? I am pretty sure I have quite a few FS9 traffic files as a lot of my traffic comes from World of AI.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

That is absolutely the case.
The reason is that FS9 and FSX had different start days to the week - no I have no idea why they would change it either but they did.
ALL FS9 traffic files MUST be converted or you will get large traffic black holes. That it is why it is best to use AIFP which will find them and convert them for you.
Steve