The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Night Ops

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Night Ops

Post by airplanedoktor »

Hi All,

Just wanted to get a general sense of how many observe ai at night, or how important a correct light map is. More specifically if the light map for formation lights was off by a bit, how distracting would that be?

Thanks,

Darren
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Night Ops

Post by Joseph29 »

I don't fly much at night, but when I do I like to have to correct light maps and stuff on the AI.
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by airplanedoktor »

This probably only applies to the C-17 in P3D at the moment, as there is a lua script for the light map in Matrix. The issue is that the formation lights on the aircraft itself are in the wrong position. For example, the ones on the vertical stab are on the rudder according to paint kit, and light map. Not so in reality.

I have created a new light map for my repaint, however, pushing that into P3D will affect the other 100+ repaints. I think I'm left with the choice of having it incorrect on the 5 aircraft I've done at the moment, or affecting the world wide fleet until they get updated textures. Unless there is some way of disabling the lua script for the 5 aircraft, I think I've answered my own question...better to have 5 anamolies than 100 +.

Darren
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Are you saying that some C-17s need a different lightmap to the majority, or that the slimes are wrong for all.

If so which ones?
Steve
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Darren,
2 possible solutions
1) If you include the lightmap in the texture folder that will override the default lightmap that is called from the main P3D texture folder.

2) I can re-compile you a specific C-17 model that calls a different lua script if that is what is needed.

Gavin