The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ACA2017 & P3Dv4

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

ACA2017 & P3Dv4

Post by jimrodger »

Trying to get my head around P3Dv4.

My system is set up with the separate Military_AI folder set-up as advised.

Using ACA2017 to check for missing/aircraft not used in flightplans does not check the traffic files within that folder only any traffic files in the default P3D scenery\world\scenery folder.

Has anyone any ideas how I can sort out my problem so I can check the MAIW traffic files?

Many thanks

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: ACA2017 & P3Dv4

Post by Firebird »

Is that also the case in FS9? Does it check only check scenery\world\scenery on that system?

I would have thought that somebody would have said before now if it was the case, but not guaranteed. The key thing is to find out whether it is a P3D thing or a program thing.

That is where I would start. We know that back in the days of FS9 it would load any traffic files found in an active folder but the default is where ACA2017 looks.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Under options make sure the "do not scan P3D default traffic file" is checked. You can also click on "do not scan P3D default aircraft". If that doesn't work you can also use AIFP to check for missing/aircraft not used in flightplans.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

As far as I know that's still a bug in ACA2017. It think Peter forgot to update the error checker to look for traffic files in all xml registered scenery folders when he implemented the P3D Add-on system. This was reported to him over a year ago but he never responded.

Like Joseph I'm using AIFP now for all my traffic file related error checking.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Thanks for the replies, glad it's not something I'm getting wrong (for a change!!)

yep, use AIFP as well, just sometimes ACA seems a bit easier to use .

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"