The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Seeing airports in a Package

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Sportfanatic1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Seeing airports in a Package

Post by Sportfanatic1 »

Is there an easy way to see what airports are in the flight plans included with a package without installing the package? I like to install packages with aircraft going to airports/bases of interest to me, so it would be handy if there is a way to see this without installing the whole package. Thanks!
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Seeing airports in a Package

Post by JohnTenn »

The only way to see which airports are used is to look at the Traffic_.bgl.

Unzip the file from the package, usually found in a sub folder in scenery\world\scenery.

Copy the bgl to AI Flight Planner and open the traffic file. AIFP will display the list of airports in the centre column.
You can save the file set as ( ) to get a text file to search for which aircraft goes where.

The old MAIW site had a list of which airports were included in each package. At the time there were not many Afcads usable for military AI. This was a way of finding usable layouts of airports.

Clearly it takes time to extract the data and present in a table, are you willing to create such tables?

John
Sportfanatic1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Seeing airports in a Package

Post by Sportfanatic1 »

Thanks, that is the method I'm currently using but wondered if there was a quicker way.

I wouldn't be able to make tables for all of the packages, but could certainly put some together for some of the packages