The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MKAI Puma question

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

MKAI Puma question

Post by Joseph29 »

I have two repaints for the Iceland Coast Guard Super Puma's, they use the AS332L2_var1 model. Where can I find this model (for P3D)?? I thought it would be in the new conversion that was released today but it wasn't. Have all the Puma models been converted? I thought they were all converted but maybe they haven't and that is why I can't find this model.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: MKAI Puma question

Post by TimC340 »

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Having just downloaded it, I can see it's not in the 332 package - and it wasn't in the original FS9 AS332 package, as far as I can tell. It looks like the new (July 19) 332 package has exactly the same models as the original.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Well here is were I got the paints https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/50/1 ... ic#p171275

The model was included with these paints. Perhaps this model wasn't included in the main Puma download because it was in this repaint pack?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I think you are probably right. How often do you find a model in a repaint pack, unless it is a new model.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

As you have the model you need, albeit in FS9 format, have you had a go at converting it using MCX? I've been fairly successful with the conversions I've done, though there have been one or two failures!
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

That was an easy one to miss. I check who did the conversion of the Puma and how he thinks about this update.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

TimC340 wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 12:13 As you have the model you need, albeit in FS9 format, have you had a go at converting it using MCX? I've been fairly successful with the conversions I've done, though there have been one or two failures!

Converting models is to complicated for me. I tried a couple of times but I don't really know what I am doing.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Actually our conversion team is pretty small and extremely experienced. They have done the conversion of all aircraft you find in our conversion packs.

Everybody who is experienced in model conversion and like to do some packages for MAIW is gladly welcome to the conversion team.

There are still some models missing.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

There is one pack of Miljans Puma series that I didn't convert because I wasn't aware that it was used in any packages or had any repaints.
This is the AS332L2 pack that Miljan describes as containing "AS332L2 model represents array of civilian Super Pumas/Cougars with lenghtened fuselage ".

There are 12 models in this package and I am loath to spend the time doing the conversion simply because there is a repaint of the Icelandic Coast Guard.

Sorry.

Gavin