The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

omani C-130 FS9

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
ws.jones27
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

omani C-130 FS9

Post by ws.jones27 »

Hi Jim, I think that the textures are not for the FS9 part of the package, they seem to be for FSXetc.
BJ
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: omani C-130 FS9

Post by Firebird »

BJ,
It seems that Jim maybe has not completed some of them to FS9 standard but are you not able to convert the rest yourself?

It really is a simple task to convert them. If a complete graphics dunce as myself is able to convert dds files to FS9 bmps using just DXTBMP, and, where needed, Paint.

Believe me if I am comfortable doing it - everybody can. Is it just that nobody has explained how to do it?
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

They need, preferably, to be converted from the paint master in RGB format Steve. If you convert from an already compressed texture (.dxt or .dds) you compress them twice and degrade the quality.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Absolutely agree, John.

I was more thinking about the process here as we do get this question occasionally and it also applies to civvie stuff that you can get on other sites.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Firebird wrote:BJ,
It seems that Jim maybe has not completed some of them to FS9 standard but are you not able to convert the rest yourself?

It really is a simple task to convert them. If a complete graphics dunce as myself is able to convert dds files to FS9 bmps using just DXTBMP, and, where needed, Paint.

Believe me if I am comfortable doing it - everybody can. Is it just that nobody has explained how to do it?
No I biffed it again [emoji852]

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"