The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Potential Piracy

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
ahs06
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Potential Piracy

Post by ahs06 »

I was on flightsim.com today and noticed a payware scenery for Dyess AFB. It also mentioned that AI was included. The AI included looked suspiciously like the NBAI B-1B, HTAI C-130, and HTAI C-21. Was this authorized, or someone looking to make a quick buck? https://store.flightsim.com/product/tea ... rettyPhoto
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Potential Piracy

Post by Greg »

They have permission from Nick. I even believe he was paid for the use of his B-1B. Don't know about Henry.

Frank, one of the Team SDB guys, is a regular visitor here although he doesn't post as much as he used to.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

They’ve certainly used Henry’s stuff before, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen reference to an agreement for that in their forums.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I can confirm that they contacted Nick about his B-1 and that he would be paid for its use, per sale. I know this because he was naffed off that they never paid him a penny.
This was true as of the last time he mentioned it to me, which was about a year after it's release.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Good checking though. I'm still confused on how ORBX was allowed the use of the converted HTAI single engine payware models for Australian AI only in the scenery packages, but not for use in North America traffic .bgls.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Victory103 wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 00:28 Good checking though. I'm still confused on how ORBX was allowed the use of the converted HTAI single engine payware models for Australian AI only in the scenery packages, but not for use in North America traffic .bgls.
Because they got specific permission from Henry to convert and distribute his payware only in the Australian AI package. You will notice that it isn't the entire package but only those models that Graham needed to do his paints and flight plans.

Gavin
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks Gavin, read up on their forums. I'm fine as a previous owner of the entire HTAI package and moved the models I needed over in P3D. Initially it was trying to figure out the "why" when I first installed the ORBX AU and NA GA traffic files.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris