The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Texture question

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Texture question

Post by Joseph29 »

In P3D where would the best place to put files like prop textures and stuff like that (for best performance)? For instance the JYAI Blackhawks have a rotors texture file in each of the repaints. Could you put that file in the main texture folder? Or would it be better to make a texture folder, then put the rotor file in the folder, then add a texture cfg file to each of the textures?

I know that all the methods I mentioned works, but would one be a performance boost over the others? Or does it not matter.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Texture question

Post by John Young »

You can put a single copy of the common texture in the main P3D texture folder and that will save storage space and loading time. Make sure you keep a current backup of that folder though. If you ever have to re-install P3D you won't want to trawl around all your aircraft to find the common textures again and put them back there. I'm not sure about a separate texture folder.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Texture question

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks. I have been reading that more AI makes loading times in P3D v5 longer than it was in v4 so if there is anything I can do to make it quicker I will do.