The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Help with AIFP

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Help with AIFP

Post by Firebird »

Joseph29 wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 09:37 I don't have to click on anything to rebuild the airports right?
Yes you do. The default airport list is the default list and will never change. However, unless you do 'Find/Collect Airports' and select the 'scenery library' option then none of your active addons or waypoints will be known to AIFP.

In the case of a corruption you can replace the defaults by just copying over the latest AIFP release and replace the addon scenery list by rebuilding it.

If you have never build the addon list before then you will never be able to access an awful lot of bases/waypoints.

To give you example my FS9 AirportList.dat (defaults) is 2,936KB my AirportList_AddOns.dat (addons) is 2215KB. That is a lot of extra places to go to.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Joseph29 wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 12:07 The default AFCAD for P3D v5 does have 5 helipad parking spots.
Sorry, Joseph, but the P3Dv5 29 Palms has no parking whatsoever. It does have 5 helo start points, but those aren't parking spots. You'll need to add parking if you want your AI to go there and not just disappear. Nothing will spawn there either.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 12:57
Joseph29 wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 09:37 I don't have to click on anything to rebuild the airports right?
Yes you do. The default airport list is the default list and will never change. However, unless you do 'Find/Collect Airports' and select the 'scenery library' option then none of your active addons or waypoints will be known to AIFP.

In the case of a corruption you can replace the defaults by just copying over the latest AIFP release and replace the addon scenery list by rebuilding it.

If you have never build the addon list before then you will never be able to access an awful lot of bases/waypoints.

To give you example my FS9 AirportList.dat (defaults) is 2,936KB my AirportList_AddOns.dat (addons) is 2215KB. That is a lot of extra places to go to.
I haven't heard back from Don yet so I went ahead and rebuilt the airports list. At first I forgot to check the "modified stock airports" option and NXP was still in the airport list, but I did it a second time and clicked on "modified stock airports" and the second time KXNP was there. And when I compiled a flightplan that had Twentynine Palms in it I did not get a message saying KXNP has been replaced with NXP.

Now tomorrow I might add a few parking spaces at the default Twentynine Palms to see if AI show up at the airport.