The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AIFP 3.3 potential issue

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: AIFP 3.3 potential issue

Post by phantomfreak »

The text version of the traffic file.

I will try those to see. I was able to compile the traffic file by modifying the text file at the points I was getting the error and adjusting with the times and airports/waypoints from the editor.
Bazinga!
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

As far as modifying times and destinations in the text editor is concerned, I have found that if you compile the traffic file with the changes they are reflected. That is if you open the new traffic file with the editor.

To save the .txt "Flightplans_XXXX" you need to use the "Save file set as" option.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have spent many, many times messing around with the txt files and inevitably the cause is my own stupidity.

I will explain how I do things and why it occurs for me.
Firstly, for the sake of usefulness I always work from the txt files never traffic files. If I have no txt files I load the traffic file and save to txt files and work on those.
All the txt files are saved in one folder so I know where everything is. Whilst you do not have to work from txt I choose to do so purely because it is easier when copy/pasting things around plus when you want to find what uses an airfield it is easy to search for text in a file.

I also prefer working on
The biggest cause I get is that I will often create/put txt files in a working folder whilst I manipulate them into the format I like. A reason to do thio might be that txt files with that name already exist with those names in their final resting place so I work on replacements in a different place until they are ready.

Once I have made all my changes I then copy them across to my AI Flightplans folder and then compile. If I get an error on compile I make amendments in the txt files and recompile. If no changes are accepted it is invariably because I am still working on the txt files in the working folder rather than the ones in the repository. I have lost count of the number of times I have done that. Even when I am sure that I am working on the correct files.

Now it could be that you have duplicates and you are compiling a different set to the ones you are amending. I don't think that there is another cause I have come across although in theory there could be the same reason if amending the traffic files failed the same way. That would be because the txt files are in a protected folder and so the OS will not allow you to make changes unless done so through the application that controls that folder.

What folder are the txt files that you are working on?
Steve
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

With the latest release has anyone reported a problem where the waypoints are not being saved to the airport list? I can find and collect the airports and waypoints, however when I save it and go to the editor it says no information available. Is it something I could be doing wrong or is this an issue?

Thanks.
Bazinga!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Can you give me an example of a waypoint that has this issue?
I will see if I have the same issue.

The reason I ask is that I spoke with Don a couple of years ago about this type of issue and found out something. In simple terms if the waypoint is just a location then it will not be picked up. It MUST have a runway to be picked up.

The runway does not need to be full size. it can be around 50' in length and must be at least 3.3' wide, for most afcad creator programs. The surface does not matter and I always use water for ones placed at altitude.
Steve
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

I tried SWE1, 4VPS, and 4PAM, to see if any of the information would view in the editor. Only thing I was able to view was the position data. Everything else was dashed. I know before the newest version, 4VPS and 4PAM would show all information in the editor. I think those runways are 100x10, I changed the Swedish ones recently to that size, SWE1 - 7. I'm wondering if this has to do with FSX and P3D airport data also being added to AI Flight Planner. I'm thinking this may be happening with all the waypoints.
Bazinga!
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

If I do a manual update I found that if the airport(waypoint) ends with a number, I get a Microsoft .NET Framework error. I.e.
Patuxent 1, have to change the name to Patuxent_1 and it will accept it. Hope this helps.
Bazinga!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK done some checking on my end.
Firstly, the version I am using is 3.4.1.1 so you know that I am using the latest version.

I looked at the 3 airfields you mentioned. They are all in the AirportList_AddOns.dat and when I looked at them they supply the full info. I also checked to see if I had amended them by adding runways but they are all dated over a decade ago so I think not.

AIFP now handles FS9, FSX, P3D and FS2020 but stores the data according to which system they are stored in. So for example my 4VPS is only ticked for FS9.

I checked my 1NHK, which is Patuxent 1 on my system and it loads perfectly fine the space is acceptable in the name and all the info is loaded fine again.

The .Net issue should be resolved before you look any further as this seems to be causing the lack of spaces in an afcad name and therefore could be causing the other issue as well.
I would suggest downloading this .Net checker http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html. It is a portable app so it won't mess with your registry. According to the manual AIFP will work with any version from 4.5 upwards.
It sounds like either you are not on a high enough version or it has been corrupted. I checked mine and I am running 4.8 which was in the Windows 10 2004 update.
You might need to reinstall or repair your version.

Once this is fixed then go back and look at the ones causing you grief because they are fine on my system. The only thing I can also suggest is that I have the Use Add-on Data from Target Version Only selected. I do not believe that this would be casuing your problem though.
Steve
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

I selected Use Any Add-on Airport data and now all my airports and waypoints are showing up. Thanks for the help, Steve.
Bazinga!