The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Can't Install Aircrafts Addons

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
BlackFalco
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Can't Install Aircrafts Addons

Post by BlackFalco »

Hi All! :D
I'm new in this server, I've just created an account in order to get helped if possibile with my problem.
It's been a while since I've seen this site first months ago but I've never got into it until today when I decided to download some military aircrafts for my P3DV4.
Seems like I'm not able to get them working.
I've tried to put all folders (simobjects, effects etc) into the
corresponding P3D folders but doesnt work.
I've also tried putting them into P3DV4 addons folder into My Documents and activate it via xml addon but does not work as well.
I've seen that every addon has a PDF file that explains how it gotta be installed. I've tried to read it but it does not really explain well how to do it.
Could you guys please help me?
Thanks for your time, hear you soon.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Can't Install Aircrafts Addons

Post by Firebird »

Welcome to the forum.

Before the guys that have P3D installed get involved could you confirm a couple of things. Firstly, apart from installing the aircraft have you installed any flightplans for them and even some airport files (afcads) for them?

For traffic to appear as well as aircraft you need airport files that are made for AI traffic plus you actually need a traffic file which schedules certain named aircraft to fly from point A to point B at a specific time.

It maybe that something that you have downloaded includes those files so if you could mention at least one thing you have downloaded that will help people to help you.

Also, thinking ahead here, did you just want a specific aircraft type in your sim or adding military AI in general. The answer you give may provide a simple solution.
Steve
BlackFalco
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Post by BlackFalco »

Firebird wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 07:05 Welcome to the forum.

Before the guys that have P3D installed get involved could you confirm a couple of things. Firstly, apart from installing the aircraft have you installed any flightplans for them and even some airport files (afcads) for them?

For traffic to appear as well as aircraft you need airport files that are made for AI traffic plus you actually need a traffic file which schedules certain named aircraft to fly from point A to point B at a specific time.

It maybe that something that you have downloaded includes those files so if you could mention at least one thing you have downloaded that will help people to help you.

Also, thinking ahead here, did you just want a specific aircraft type in your sim or adding military AI in general. The answer you give may provide a simple solution.
Hi Steve, and thanks for answering!
I think I haven't understood something about the addons provided in this website : I thought they could be used in P3D without specifics flight plans and airports. I thought they could just be downloaded and used into the simulator! Sorry for my mistake !
So in order to make them work I have to download specific flight plans and airports from this website?
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Hi BlackFalco
The aircraft that are downloadable from this site are all AI aircraft. That means that they are not user flyable aircraft but aircraft that are controlled by the flightsim.

In order for the simulator to do this it needs flightplans and quite often the default airports need to be replaced by the airports available here because the default airports don't have the parking spaces that the AI aircraft need to appear.

hope this makes sense.

Gavin
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

As Gavin says this in effect is no different to FS9 or FSX. The reason why I asked if you wanted a specific aircraft type or base is because a few people have been working on something specifically for P3D for over 18 months.

If you just want military aircraft traffic then I would suggest that you try our Matrix program. This is a single point installation system which will install aircraft, airfields and flight plans. As more is cut over from its FS9 or FSX source, or even P3D original elements, then it gets updated.

I would suggest downloading and having a look at it. The documentation will explain how to use it. It maybe exactly what you want.
Steve