The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Hello all

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
pbiggs32
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Hello all

Post by pbiggs32 »

Hello all I am a newbie with minimal experience outside of you tube help. I am a giant airplane nerd former F-15C,D,E crew chief real life and live in New England. I know and understand very well the Mil aircraft in the area and real life patterns they make. Being such an enthusiast I also play FSX and mimic the same patterns the real world aircraft train for in the area. Exploring this site I see incredible addons such as MAIW Great lakes region but seems to be for FS9. My big question is there a FSX version???

Thanks in advance
Pbiggs32
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Hello all

Post by TimC340 »

The Great Lakes A-10s and C-130s have been updated for FSX and P3D Great Lakes packages. The other aircraft have mostly been updated (or replaced), though it may be up to you to combine the newer aircraft models with the older liveries. That's not a difficult process, and is likely to be in progress here if it hasn't been done already. It may be worth you downloading and extracting the MAIW Matrix package. It's specifically intended for P3Dv4, but a great deal of it works in FSX. Extract it to a random folder, then import the various files into FSX (the file structure is the same, except the airfields have to go into FSX's Addon Scenery folder). It's a bit of a faff as you're not using it in the way it was intended but, if your computer is up to it, you'll get the majority of the updated content.

It's quite easy to backdate P3Dv4 files to FSX where they don't work natively, but you need Arno's Model Converter X to do it.