The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

adding aircraft into the matrix

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Fin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

adding aircraft into the matrix

Post by Fin »

hi guys im just wondering if i could add aircraft into the matrix. im wondering this because i found the disable add-on switch on the settings menu just this morning as i just downloaded matrix recently
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: adding aircraft into the matrix

Post by Firebird »

The Matrix is a series of packages. You can choose which packages you download and you can choose some individual pieces to not be installed but there is no option to add aircraft or scenery to it. You have to wait for updates to the packages to increase the aircraft.

You can most certainly add your own scenery and aircraft as well as the Matrix packs BUT you must not add your personal stuff into the same location. The reason is simply that when there is an update the Matrix process deletes everything that already exists for a pack and reinstalls from scratch. So anything you have added or modded will therefore be lost.
Steve
Fin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Fin »

thanks firebird i was looking for nicks f1 mirages,chris' fireflies and the corsairs
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Having looked through the complete installation the only F1s are Moroccan ones, at the moment. If you want any more you will have to install them yourself taking notice of what I said in my previous post.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Actually, my experience is that Matrix updates don't overwrite added files, as long as they don't share filenames that are part of Matrix, or are added liveries placed inside Matrix-generated files. For P3D, that saves you having to write your own xml files to bring the files into the sim from outside - though you can of course use the FS9/FSX addon techniques, which still work perfectly well and also won't get overwritten in a P3D update. However, it would be foolish not to have those files backed up somewhere.