The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MPA Chinooks

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

MPA Chinooks

Post by paul64 »

Just a little question , are there still chinooks at MPA? I thought they had gone but I read an article today about an exercise in the falklands that was supported by at least 1 chinook recently. Now I know the press are not gifted with accuracy but i am now begining to question my previous source.

Kind Regards

paul
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: MPA Chinooks

Post by Firebird »

I don't think any have been permanently stationed there since 78 Sqn left. As you mentioned an exercise it could well be that one was airlifted in as part of that.
Steve
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

Seems a bit of a waste of time and the good old tax payers money. From hat i've heard they use the last remaining s61 for the taxi journey's around the islands and I also thought the same as you ,that they left with 78 sqn.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

What you say sounds correct but maybe they have learned from the mistakes of the '80s and are not giving Argentina any signs of a weakening in the position.
After all the idea of modern forces is to project power when you need to in the quickest amount of time. This would mean flying helos to a hot zone for use. The fact that they practice a deployment to the same place is irrelevant it accomplishes two things for the cost of one.
So to me it at least sounds feasible.
Steve
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

I'll go with that, less ai flight planning to do :D