The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Milviz Beale AFB scenery?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Milviz Beale AFB scenery?

Post by Joseph29 »

In the downloads section there is a AI package for Milviz's Beale AFB. Can someone point me in the direction of this scenery? I can't seem to find it. The link in the description only shows aircraft.

Also is this scenery free or pay?
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Milviz Beale AFB scenery?

Post by petebramley »

There is a link in the AI package pointing to the scenery. Try it !
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok thanks. I didn't run the installer because I wasn't going to install the package until tomorrow. I was just downloading everything I need for it.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

petebramley wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 08:29 There is a link in the AI package pointing to the scenery. Try it !
What link are you referring to? The only link I can find in the documentation take me to the main products page where I cannot find any mention of KBAB https://milviz.com/flight/product_listing.php or the other link takes me to the Beale AFB home page...
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

In the package notes in the download hanger it says:

"The scenery, when available, can be obtained from the Milviz website.

Having recently tried the milviz site it would appear that the scenery is not yet available.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Dimus
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Dimus »

Hi guys!

The scenery is not yet released. However, as it is nearing completion I though of uploading this package here so that it is available to whoever wishes to use it, immediately after the release of the scenery.

Thanks again to Greg and all the makers of the models for their permissions and assistance.

You can install the package using the installer but it will not work as the parking codes of the models are tied to the scenery parking codes in order to appear at the correct locations. It will not do any harm though. If you want you can use the models for any AI plan you wish to make.

The package is designed to be installed independently outside the P3D folder and can be easily uninstalled by running the installer again and choosing the "uninstall" checkbox.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Will the scenery be freeware or payware? Also side note any idea if it is true that Milviz has decided not to develop the SR-71 for P3D? That would be major disappointment...
Dimus
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Dimus »

The scenery will be payware. As for the SR-71, to my knowledge it is proceeding. It is what sparked the development of this scenery.

Some screenshots of the scenery can be seen in the user's manual of the AI package.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Hopefully that is correct; reason I made the above inquiry is this:

https://fselite.net/news/milviz-sr-71-n ... ad-of-p3d/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5948 ... nt-4464857

Which given the issues many are having with MSFS I think would be a huge mistake...
Dimus
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Dimus »

Just to mention that the KBAB scenery is now released: https://milviz.com/flight/products/KBAB/index.php
Mark Fox
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mark Fox »

Congratulations Dimus! I know it was a long slog for you, but I enjoy it in beta, and will buy the release.

Now if you could model the floating spiders (or whatever they were); I don't think I ever told you about those!