The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Kandahar MAI?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
mllgrennman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Kandahar MAI?

Post by mllgrennman »

Howdy...Is there a way I can get MAI to show at Kandahar...I've been looking but no joy.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Kandahar MAI?

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

John Tennent (JohnTenn) has done an AFCAD (still WIP I think) for Kandahar.
mllgrennman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by mllgrennman »

I think I have an idea why...I'm using "My Traffic"...which has no flightplans at Kandahar...(ETAR shows a bunch of MAI so I know they are available.)

I'm using "kandahar_ver_1"...which shows MAI in the screenshots, so I know it can be done!...but I don't know how.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

To answer your question exactly, to get AI anywhere then you need three things.
1. An afcad that is setup for AI traffic.
2. Suitable aircraft to be used as AI traffic.
3. Flightplans created to use the AI aircraft at the AI compatible airfield, and compiled into the correct format.

It sounds simple but there is nothing to generate any of these parts automatically. Each part needs to be generated manually. If you use a third party tool such as My Traffic then you are at the mercy of those creators as to what you get.

The only sure way is to create it yourself manually.

Now, if you are asking if we have a Kandahar package then the answer is no.
If you are asking if there is any packages that we have done that include traffic to Kandahar then the answer is probably quite a few. However a lot of it is likely to be quite old e.g. RAF Harriers.

So if you are looking for a package for Kandahar based traffic in 2021 then I am not aware of one, but that doesn't mean that somebody hasn't done one for their own use.

Now I have no idea what "kandahar_ver_1" is but if it is something to do with "My Traffic" then we wouldn't know anything about it. Our packages will work alongside other AI programs like My Traffic but we do not use it or promote it, as a group, because it is payware. Therefore we can't advise what to do to fix any issues with it, as a group.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

'Kandahar v1' is a freeware airfield by Dan Mesmer, produced about 10 years ago for FSX. (Available here). There are, IIRC, several MAIW traffic files from that time that use it, and the author is a big fan of HeliTraffic 2009 to make it really prototypically busy. As HT2009 doesn't work in FSX:SE or P3D, I've never actually seen what it's capable of (I'm not reloading FSX disk to find out!).

None of the commercial AI programs will populate it, AFAIK. You may find flight plans at SOC or AIG if MAIW's don't give you enough traffic.