The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Parking Question

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
ExtenderMender
Cadet
Cadet

AI Parking Question

Post by ExtenderMender »

Hello,

Hoping someone can offer some help for an extreme newbie. I just started playing with adding aircraft and flight plans to become familiar with ttools and I have a question about how to control where an AI aircraft is parked once it is added and a flight plan filed.

I've created some custom touch and go flight plans to practice adding AI aircraft but when FS9 is started the aircraft shows up too close to a building and honestly I have not yet figured out how to control the placement and assign a parking spot. (there are plenty of open spots)

Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

DJ
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Hey DJ, welcome to the boards. If you want an aircraft to park at an assigned parking space, you have to add the code into the afcad and into the aircraft.cfg file:

atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=88T

the parking type tells afcad to look for parking spaces that are coded MIL_COMBAT and the parking code tells afcad to look for that code within the MIL_COMBAT category, parking codes can be up to 4 characters long. and should match what the code you set the parking space in afcad, hope this helps :wink:
sitterwolf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by sitterwolf »

Hi DJ!

It seem´s you do not use great AFCAD-Tool by Lee Swordy.
Look on AVSIM for "afcad2".

It will help you parking your AI.
Wolf

ExtenderMender
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ExtenderMender »

Hey Des, thanks for the welcome and the feedback.

I was actually downloading Lee's AFCAD as I typed the message so glad to see I was on the right track... missed the aircraft.cfg piece though.

And yet another piece of the puzzle in place.

Thanks for the assist!!

DJ