The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI Taxi Problem

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
retired

AI Taxi Problem

Post by retired »

I must be having a discipline problem with all my AI pilots hanging around the officer's club to much.
When on the tarmac, and starting to leave the parking spots, they all turn too the right. I have repeatedly told them to turn left, but they refuse!!
This is a totally new airport I designed.

Using XP, AFCAD 2.21, and FS 9. I have tried changing the runway numbers in the Reciprocal and Base properties with no luck.
What can I do to correct this?
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

As I understand, the aircraft will take the shortest distance to the active runway.
Since you have already tried changing the actives, I'm guess that there might be a taxi link that is not connected and is forcing the aircraft in one direction.

Have you tried running the error finder in AFCAD to see if you have any errors yet?

KJ
Kevin Jarvis

retired

AI Taxi Problem

Post by retired »

Thanks for the reply. There are no link problems according to the fault finder. Also, I did have the Hold nodes in place but forgot to mention that in the original post.

By what you say in your reply-Should I try moving the tarmac to the left?
Would that create the shortest distance you are speaking of and make the AI turn left?
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

If this airport is a recreation of an existing one, deleting a taxi-way might make it look different.

What I would do, and I'm not expert, would be to delete a node in the offending taxi way and then see where the aircraft goes.

There has to be a reason why 1 direction is taken over another.

If you want, post the AFCAD on here and I'll take a look. I'm sure one of the resident AFCAD gurus will chime in here sooner or later...LOL.

KJ
Kevin Jarvis

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There are a few things that can affect taxying, to try and discount some of the more obvious it might be helpful if you could attach a screenshot of the afcad showing the parking spots, taxiways and runway.
Steve
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

AI Taxi Problem

Post by flynby »

First of all, let me say thank you for all the help I am getting here.

To answer a question: no, this is not a recreation.
Here is the AFCAD file. You will notice I have a problem with "bleed thru"
on the runway also. I have raised the runway alt properties and airport
alt properties to 114 and still cannot get rid of it.
Hope the attachment goes thru. If not, I will try again.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

OK...fault finder has found this error.

BAD START LOCATION.
Any runway that can be used as the active runway must have a Start Location. This runway end is either missing a Start Location, or the Start Location has the wrong name. The Start Location for this runway end must be named "Rwy 31".

Since the start location is bad, I would guess the aircraft will go to the reciprocal.

KJ
Kevin Jarvis

flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

AI Taxi Problem

Post by flynby »

Well, the Start Location did not help. I tried reversing the runway numbers first. Then added 1 start location first and then added a second start location. I did this several times and double checked everything.
The AI turns right.

That bleed thru should not have any effect on this problem, should it?
Watching all the way to the departure, the AI flys perfect. Just the wrong end of the runway.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

First thing to be sure of is which runway the AI is being directed to by ATC, and that will depend on the wind direction, assuming both ends of the runway are open. Reversing the runway numbers will not assist as they are still pointing in the same direction no matter what you call them.
Which way is up?
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

AI Taxi Problem

Post by flynby »

The wind correction fixed the problem. Never considered wind direction as a problem for AI's. Appreciate the help.