The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Signs for Sheppard

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Signs for Sheppard

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

The AFX payware program is very similar to AFCAD. However, it has some additional features. I used it to modify the Maiw Sheppard AFCAD.
1. Added/changed some lighting
2.added taxiway, runway and ramp signs.
3. Put in some roads and taxiway borders (instead of using taxiways which do not connect and causes errors in 'fault finder').
4. Added lines for taxiways and ramp parking guides
5. Corrected a few disconnects.
6. The basic AFCAD is the same. But now the fault finder says "no faults."

GZR_SACTARGETS
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

That's nice AFX can do that so easily. I use a combination of SBuilder, Afcads and excludes, to do all that and it makes for a lot of work. I did that afcad a while back and because of the way I create extra visual details with afcad, you will get many faults if you run the fault finder. But those do not prevent the AI from working corretcly. Getting the fault finder to say "no faults found" is impossible the way I make my afcads unless I uncheck all the categories. :D

I had forgotten that we excluded all the signs. I meant to redo them at some point, just never got around to it. Maybe when we swap the T-37s out for the T-6 model when the time comes.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

MIKE JG wrote: Maybe when we swap the T-37s out for the T-6 model when the time comes.
You sure don't want to do this ;)
Pascal
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Hey Pascal, I'll keep them, just in case :wink:
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Oh the Tweet's will never go away my friend. Maybe we'll "sell" them to another AI country to use for flight training. I will always keep a gaggle of them in my sim. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

MIKE JG wrote:That's nice AFX can do that so easily. I use a combination of SBuilder, Afcads and excludes, to do all that and it makes for a lot of work. I did that afcad a while back and because of the way I create extra visual details with afcad, you will get many faults if you run the fault finder. But those do not prevent the AI from working corretcly. Getting the fault finder to say "no faults found" is impossible the way I make my afcads unless I uncheck all the categories. :D

I had forgotten that we excluded all the signs. I meant to redo them at some point, just never got around to it. Maybe when we swap the T-37s out for the T-6 model when the time comes.
With AFX it took about 8 hours to completely rebuild the roads and runway/taxiway edges as apron polygons. The signs took about 4 hours because it was the first time I did it. The taxi lines and parking spots were a piece of cake-- just some simple connectors. I agree that it doesn't prevent the AI from working (in most cases) However it is relatively easy to get to "no faults" with AFX. Visual details are the meat of an AFCAD, right after some good buildings, trees, etc-but that is another program.
I noticed that Oceana doesn't have signs either. Will have to check some of the others out. AFX also has exclude polygons and some other features beyond AFCAD. I have no connection to AFX, it is just a good program in my opinion. There are two Canadian freeware programs for flight planning that look great. Yesterday I started learning how to use them. Essentially they allow you to build the three required folders for traffic tools by accessing the aircraft, airfields, and traffic you have in your files by either edits or by creating new AI traffic. I used to use Add-on manager but for some reason it doesn't like XP Pro. Just trying to be helpful with tweaks.
GZR_SACTARGETS
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

MIKE JG wrote:Oh the Tweet's will never go away my friend. Maybe we'll "sell" them to another AI country to use for flight training. I will always keep a gaggle of them in my sim. :wink:
I know the feeling well, Mike. There will always be FGR2s in my sim.
Last edited by Firebird on 18 Jan 2008, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Thx guys :wink:
Pascal