The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AVSim login

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
pistol
Cadet
Cadet

AVSim login

Post by pistol »

Hi, no matter what I try, turning off firewall, adding AVSim to allow list ect..., I can not logon. I just keep getting cookies problem pop up. Is there an alternative way to download MAIW packages? Thanks.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Pistol,

Let's move this into the main forum where it will get more attention. You are not the first person to have this issue. However, off the top of my head, I don't know the solution.

We'll move this into the main area where hopefully someone will see and and have a solution for you.

To our MAIW regulars, please speak up if you know a way around this issue. Seems to be computer or ISP specific.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Pistol, whilst avsim where having there problem over the weekend I was getting the same as you.
However, once it was fixed It still came up and asked for the login but then it accepted it and I haven't had the problem since. Does this help or are you still getting the rejected message once entering it?
Steve
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I've got access now too.
Kevin Jarvis

pistol
Cadet
Cadet

AVSim login

Post by pistol »

Thanks Yall, I have tried to reregister, turned off the protection, put AVSim in the list and everything I could think of and still got the Cookies Problem screen. Can't register under a different user name cause it comes up email address already used. Thanks for responding.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, Pistol. Which browser or browsers are you using? I use Firefox and I am ok although as reported above I had to put in my logonid and password again after the problem was fixed.
I just tried IE7 and again it requested the logon and password and accepted them. I have got my protection on for both and so I believe that at the moment the problem is either one that has been introduced when you tried to fix it initially, when it wasn't your problem, or that your logon/password combination isn't what you think is it. A big clue here is that avsim knows you as it won't let you re-register from the same address.

If you are using IE7, try downloading PoratableFirefox from http://portableapps.com, there is no registery settings that will get messed up and try to access the site from scratch and let us know what happens.
From the logon page, is there a mechanism that will send you your password if you have forgotten it?

If neither of this paths get you any where, then let us know what browser/anti-virus/firewall system you have and everything that you touched back when you thought it was your problem. maybe somebody here has the same combi and may be able to help.
Steve
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Holy Cheese »

FWIW, I'm able to access AVSIM from 3 different machines (2 at home, one here at work) with no problems. 2 machines run XP, one machine running Vista. All 3 using IE7.

Pistol, it's got to be something in your configuration like Firebird says.

Cheers
Jack
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

I've had this problem before in the past, and what I ended up doing was going into my temporary internet files folder and deleting all the cookies and file folders and that seemed to work for me. I must have had a corrupted cookie.

Paul
pistol
Cadet
Cadet

AVSim login

Post by pistol »

Hay, I did what Crew Chief instructed and I turned off my Personal Firewall (I guess I have a regular and personaL) and it allowed me to login. Now I can login and leave it on. Thanks everybody, I'm glad I am back on line, now I'll be able to get those great Military AI packages. I Hope I won't have to do a full restore on my system again too soon.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Awesome! I'm glad we could get your issue sorted out. The next time someone has this same issue, we'll better know how to help them out as well. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log