The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Probably been asked before but.....

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
MACC
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Probably been asked before but.....

Post by MACC »

I was thinking.
When you have a flyable aircraft, every aircraft on every airport notices you, my lossie layered, they all stop.
Is there a way to get this quality on AI Aircraft as then they wouldn't roll over each other.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

AI aircrafts are aware of active AI aircrafts which are taxiing, or warming up. These are respected and their position and behavior is taken into consideration by the sim - normally.

But inactive, parking aircrafts are just not seen. Therefore the problem with interconnected drive-through parking spots, where taxiing through other aircrafts is quite common.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

MACC,
Could I ask about your 'Lossie layered'. Is it that you have multiple afcads, so as to enable pairs take offs/landings by any chance?

If your answer is yes, then the answer is no. FS9 doesn't care about location, it doesn't care that they may all be called. They are all separate and therefore will take no notice of each other. They do not know about aircraft in the other afcad.
I think Mike Mac's Thunderbird package shows what can be done for formation flying but you have to make sure that there are no other movements at your airfield at the same time, so as to avoid the very effect you are talking about. It will be very time consuming to try and create holes in a normal schedule to cope seamlessly with pairs stuff. Even longer to do well with a large number of aircraft.

I believe this to be true, however if I am wrong somebody will very quickly make me look foolish.

Of course if your answer is no, then please ignore this and the time you have wasted reading this :lol: .
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Steve,

I must shamefully admit that I skipped lossie layered as a probably slang related and irrelevant piece of information. This is the problem with non native speakers. Sometimes you choose wrong what you overhear :wink:

Let's see what it really is, then.

Cheers,
Martin
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Martin,
Never, ever apologize for your English, mate. It makes my lack of German look even more ridiculous than it is :oops: .
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Thank you very much, Steve :D
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Well Steve I never thought I'd have to say this but you're absolutely right :P

The aircraft will disregard each other on different AFCADs.

Greg
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

It is Firebird, one other question, i changed it so they would do paired landing but they all go the the centre of the main runway now?
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

Firebird wrote:Martin,
Never, ever apologize for your English, mate. It makes my lack of German look even more ridiculous than it is :oops: .
Like wise my french, you are brave going on foreign forums, which i respect you for. 8)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Tirithon wrote:Well Steve I never thought I'd have to say this but you're absolutely right :P
Greg
*hehe* I shall treasure that, Greg.
Last edited by Firebird on 19 Mar 2008, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

MACC,
I am not absolutely sure what you mean, but I would be happy to take a look for you.
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

MACC wrote:It is Firebird, one other question, i changed it so they would do paired landing but they all go the the centre of the main runway now?
Do the rwy's in your both AFCAD files share the same coords?
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

sprocky wrote:
MACC wrote:It is Firebird, one other question, i changed it so they would do paired landing but they all go the the centre of the main runway now?
Do the rwy's in your both AFCAD files share the same coords?
yes, so i guess i have to change that, thanks a lot!! :lol:
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

No problem. But IIRC you may need kind of three rwy's in total for the best looking (someone correct me please if I am wrong). One visible and two invisible ones - one slighly moved left from the visible one and the other one moved a little right. Now your aircrafts should take off side by side. I cannot remember if this can be done if you let the "invisible" ones sink into the ground a bit (the undercarriage will sink, too) or if you have to tell AFCAD if the rwy is visible. In worst case this would mean you need a hex editor. Where is GrahamS when you need him :roll: He always answered my questions and he could probably give you the right answer.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

sprocky wrote:No problem. But IIRC you may need kind of three rwy's in total for the best looking (someone correct me please if I am wrong). One visible and two invisible ones - one slighly moved left from the visible one and the other one moved a little right. Now your aircrafts should take off side by side. I cannot remember if this can be done if you let the "invisible" ones sink into the ground a bit (the undercarriage will sink, too) or if you have to tell AFCAD if the rwy is visible. In worst case this would mean you need a hex editor. Where is GrahamS when you need him :roll: He always answered my questions and he could probably give you the right answer.
sprocky,

You are correct. For a simple one runway airport it takes 3 AFCADs to create formation takeoffs and landings. I usually place all visible elements in the parent, visible AFCAD and then make the 2 overlay AFCADs invisible. This is simply done by making the overlay runways and runway taxiways 1 foot wide and then using 0 to 1 foot wide apron routes for all the overlay taxiways. No elevation changes or hex editors are required.

Mike
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

I had the three runways, all perfect, they now sink :(, and i think they still use the middle runway.
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Just to check something:

You have now three AFCAD files for Lossie.
1. EGQS with visible rwy
2. EGQ1 with left invisible rwy
3. EGQ2 with right invisible rwy

Aircraft 1 uses EGQ1 in its flightplans and aircraft 2 uses EGQ2 in its flightplans, right? And you moved your invisible rwy's left/right from the visible one, still right? If you replied 'Yes' to the questions I am done. The only chance to find any faults would be to post the complete files here so we can take a look at them.
Jan
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

Yes, Yes, Yes.
I will put the files on later.
LMO1
LMO2 and
EGQS