The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Little help needed

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Welshflyer
Cadet
Cadet

Little help needed

Post by Welshflyer »

Hi gents, i'm new here so sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place!
I'm trying to put together the Anniversary Airshow, i've downloaded all the relevant packages but not all the aircraft are showing up :? . For example the B-1, E-3, RAF Tornados, F-117 and Jaguars are all showing up fine but no A-10s, C-17s, F-16s or German Tornados. My traffic slider is set to 100% and as far as i know the afcads are in the right place (not sure about Osan on that one though as the shelters are there but not a single aircraft :? ) If anyone could shed some light on this i would be very grateful.
Thanks very much and keep up the great work as all your packs are amazing! :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Firstly, welcome.
What I can say is that you must be doing something right if you have most of the aircraft showing up.

Now firstly we must ask a couple of key questions.
1. Are you using FS9?
2. Did you install manually or automatically?
3. Have you amended anything in an aircraft.cfg file after the installation?

After reading your post I would just like to confirm that all the planes that you quote as missing are from the Air Show at MAIW airfield?
If this is this case, which I suspect, then can you confirm that you see the traffic at all the original package bases, except Osan?

Once we have the answers we can try and help here.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, an update.

I have discovered why you can't find the German Tornados. Its simply because they are not included in the airshow, and yes I have checked and seen that the docs do say that they are included, but they are not.

Now there was also some confusion about the C-17 pacakges. there are two. One uses the WoAI installer and is named 'woamil4.zip', the other is linked to from the MAIW site and is a manual install package named 'hickam_c17.zip'.

There are essentially the same but the aircraft titles are different. You need to use the woamil4 package for the C-17 to show up.

Hopefully that is 2 of the 4 problems solved. Can you confirm this please?

Now again, I have checked and found that there are no aircraft from the Osan package at the Airshow :roll: , the F-16s come from the Thunderbirds package, 'ai_tb_demo.zip' so you need to make sure that you install all of that package as per instructions.
The A-10s come from the Whiteman package and the two aircraft are first due to take off at MAIW at 04:59z on the Sunday.

Can you double check whether they are there are not, please.
Steve
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Welshflyer,

The German Tornados are included in the airshow, but you have to have the following MAIW/WOA package listed in the Readme file installed in order to see them:

10. MAIW/WOA "German Armed Forces GAFFTC " Complete Package - woamil21.zip

Download Link: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... &Go=Search

In the Aircraft_MAIW_Airshow.txt, FlightPlans_MAIW_Airshow.txt and Traffic_MAIW_Airshow.bgl files the German Tornados are included as:

AC#41,502,"WoA_FMAI_Tornado IDS_GAF_GAFFTC_44+38"
AC#42,502,"WoA_FMAI_Tornado IDS_GAF_GAFFTC_43+42"

Steve has addressed your other 3 aircraft problems so you should be good to go to the MAIW Airshow soon.

Have fun! :D

Mike
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah yes, you are right, Mike.

I did a traffic search on MAIW and they don't use the afcad, so that is the reason why I didn't see them.

So basically, I have to revise my analysis. There are German Tornados, and A-10s and F-16s from Osan but they are flyovers only, they do not land. So if you are not careful you may miss them.

There are 2 C-17s, but only one lands at the MAIW airfield. However, my original statement still holds true, you need to make sure you have the right package installed.

Sorry for the confusion, and I hope this helps. Let us know if there are any problems outstanding.
Steve
Welshflyer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Welshflyer »

Thank you very much gents for your help :D , thanks to you both i am very nearly "there", there is pretty much everything on the ground now but i still cant get the "T-Birds" unless they are flyovers too? But i'm sure on the Youtube video i was impressed with them lined up on the ground, but hey, gents thanks to you i've got a pretty impressive display of aircraft here :D . I really can't thank you enough!
P.s wonderful things happen when you actually use your brain and move the Airshow traffic bgl into the World scenery. :oops: I must have assumed it went in there automatically. Still no T-Birds though! :?
Thank you once again for your help! :D
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Are you sure you have the "Thunderbirds" package installed? It's not an MAIW package, but is available from AVSIM, file name ai_tb_demo.zip.

Hope this helps.
Where did I put my beer??!
Welshflyer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Welshflyer »

Thanks ,but yes, i have installed the Thunderbirds package and the scenery is where it's supposed to be, the aircraft are in the aircraft folder and the flightplans are in TTools, i've even tried de-compiling and compiling them again but to no avail, this one's got me a bit stumped :? !
But thanks anyway :D !
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Firebird wrote:Ah yes, you are right, Mike.

I did a traffic search on MAIW and they don't use the afcad, so that is the reason why I didn't see them.

So basically, I have to revise my analysis. There are German Tornados, and A-10s and F-16s from Osan but they are flyovers only, they do not land. So if you are not careful you may miss them.

There are 2 C-17s, but only one lands at the MAIW airfield. However, my original statement still holds true, you need to make sure you have the right package installed.

Sorry for the confusion, and I hope this helps. Let us know if there are any problems outstanding.
Steve,

I'm not sure why there is so much confusion, but all the pairs of AI in the MAIW Airshow package that perform flybys also takeoff, perform their flybys and then land back at MAIW Field including 2 German Tornados, 2 Osan A-10's, 2 Osan F-16's and 2 Hickam C-17's. There is also an additional Hickam C-17 on static display.

Maybe the fact that the AI use 3 different AFCADs, MAIW, 1MAI and 2MAI, is causing the confusion. In any event, if all 17 packages listed in the Readme file are installed properly, all the AI should be seen either as static display aircraft or aircraft that taxi out, perform their flyby and then return to land with the exception of the 2 special NBAI F-15's that only land once and park.

Mike
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Welshflyer wrote:Thanks ,but yes, i have installed the Thunderbirds package and the scenery is where it's supposed to be, the aircraft are in the aircraft folder and the flightplans are in TTools, i've even tried de-compiling and compiling them again but to no avail, this one's got me a bit stumped :? !
But thanks anyway :D !
Welshflyer,

Please do not decompile and recompile my airshow traffic files. If you do you will most probably change the intricate flightplan timing just enough to disturb the timing and tightness of the formation flybys. :(

Mike
Welshflyer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Welshflyer »

Hi Mike you'll be glad to know i did'nt decompile the Airshow files but only the original Thunderbird ones :D ,thanks for the heads up though!
And once again gents, the work you do here is second to none, thanks very much for all your hard work! :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

:roll: Ah well, that will teach me to try and support a package that I have never installed. Best I leave this one to Mike in the future :lol: .
Steve
winsman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by winsman »

the smilies sure got a work out in this tread.....19