The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Navy T-38s

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Navy T-38s

Post by MikeyW »

Hey,

In a brazen attempt to get interest going again in the T-38s, I was thinking that since MAIW had kicked out a lot of Navy stuff in the past weeks, that maybe it could be mentioned that the Navy uses T-38s at the Navy Test Pilot School that I believe is at Pax River. They have a really kicking paint scheme, and could liven up the area. Hey, aren't there Navy pilots at NASA, too? Maybe the NASA T-38s could happen... Oh well, if there's nothing T-38 -like coming down the pipe, could a paintkit find it's way out in the wild for us do-it-yourselfers?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Mikey, we are working on the paint kit issue so please be patient. Thanks.

In addition here is our policy on these sort of requests, thank you for your understanding:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... php?t=1552
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Mikey,

In the "interim", do a search on AVSIM for Navy Test Pilot School. There are textures for the freeware FSD T-38A which was "lightweight enough" on FPS that I used to be able to run with 20-30 of them on my screen at once without stutters. It's a flyable aircraft so you can lighten the load on your cpu by stripping out the panel and sound files.

Sorry, I don't have the link for the freeware FSD T-38A any longer.... You can probably find it via a simple Google/Yahoo search.
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

OK - it's just that last year there were a lot of pics of the various T-38s that were in the works (including the NASA T-38s), and most of them looked like they were ready to go. I had my hopes up since then that something was coming down the pipe and just wanted to know if I should keep my hopes up or not. If not, that's ok.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Always keep your hopes up! :wink:

There are so many T-38 packages we could do that we wouldn't ever do anything else if we concentrated on just them.

Just the Air Force training ones would take us months to do all of them. Like I said, we're working on getting a paint kit released either here or AVSIM.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log