The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

New sceneries

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

New sceneries

Post by Chrisb »

Craig Workman has just posted RAF Lossiemouth, Mount Pleasant, Akrotiri and Basrah on Avsim. I haven't tried them yet. For info.

Chris
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

He has also uploaded UK Weapons ranges V2 to avsim as well.

Mark
Mark
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

New scenery .....Akrotiri

Post by starlifterfan »

Just installed LCRA (Akrotiri), Impressed with LCRA, quite a few transient aircraft VC-10'S ,USAF KC-135, plus others as well, thought I would let anyone know that might be interested in downloading the scenery...Good download.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

There is no AFCAD for Lossie :cry:
Mark
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

It is the file: Lossiemouth AB.bgl. It will not open using AFCAD221, but will using ADE. However, upon opening with ADE, I see no parking spots?
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

If it was made using ADE, then it's for FSX, not FS9. (John Masterson "scruffyduck" has pretty much always said that ADE was intended to be "for FSX" and he wasn't worried about FS9 use.... at least from what I remember of his posts during ADE development. That could have changed, I guess.)

OTOH, I opened a couple of those uploads and I don't see taxiways on some, parking spots on others, etc. (Use Open Airport from bgl, not Open Airport.) For instance, compare the Mt. Pleasant and Lossiemouth bgls - a couple parking spots at Mt Pleasant, none at Lossiemouth. Akrotiri was done using AFX and it seems fine. It doesn't make sense to me doing one with one program, one with the other and then say all were for FS9.

If I flew RAF bases very often, I might email the author - his email is in the readme. But I don't, so I leave that up to someone who does.

Ford

Edited to add:
I took another look at the Lossiemouth "situation". MACC/UKMIL (I think he posts here also) relased an ai package for Lossiemouth that included dual/side-by-side takeoffs with his afcads. It might be worth looking into to see if the buildings/scenery from the one package lines up with the afcads from MACC. Just a thought for those interested.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

the scenerys are not on avsim anymore. :(
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

For those of you who have downloaded these sceneries and are using them in fs9, if you want to add twy links or parking you might want to try this (it worked for my Mount Pleasant scenery, where I now have an active 1435 flight parked in the HAS's):

For Mount Pleasant:
Locate the ...\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\Mount Pleasant\Scenery folder (or wherever you keep your files) and open the Mount Pleasant.Bgl in Afcad2.21.

Edit to your heart's content, but I suggest you do this with FS9 running and linked to Afcad through FSUIPC - to enable accurate placing of parking spots inside the HAS's, for example.

Now save the edited file as AF2_EGYP.BGL in the same folder as the Mount Pleasant.Bgl

When you restart FS9, you should find that the Mount Pleasant.Bgl features remain active, whilst your newly created parking spots and links are now available for yourself and your ai.

I haven't got the other sceneries, but this method is very effective for editing .AFX and other FSX-type files, without losing the additional features these files contain.

To clarify: When you save your edit, make sure you are not overwriting the original file. Give your edit a new name, saving it as an additional file in the same folder as the original file.

This works very well on my system, and I hope you get similar results on yours.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

Guys,

These were taken down due to Plagiarism.

Thanks

Dunc
Regards,
Dunc
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

CrazyDunc wrote:Guys,

Thanks

Dunc
What's that mean in Brummie English matey.
Mark
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

To copy someone else's original work and claim it as your own!

Ron
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

campbeme wrote:
CrazyDunc wrote:Guys,

Thanks

Dunc
What's that mean in Brummie English matey.
Plagiarism means. To take someone elses work and pass it off as your own.

Paul
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Thanks Guys did not have a dictionary to hand.

Mark
Mark
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

hey you guys i dont supose that you are having trouble downloading from the vRAF website by any chance are you. i keep get you are not authorised to download althrough i am logged in
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think that we would as we are not members. A quick look revealed only CrazyDunc as being involved there.
Steve
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

Dale,

It will Only work if you are Logged into the Website, for that you need to be a member, if the issue continues please post in the vRAF forum.

Thanks

Dunc

[/list]
Regards,
Dunc