The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Editing Aircraft.CFG

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
viscount
Cadet
Cadet

Editing Aircraft.CFG

Post by viscount »

help please,

As you can see on the attached screen shot I am having major problems with editing the Aircraft.CFG in FS9.

Please help?

Ian
Attachments
aircraft.cfg edit problem.jpg
aircraft.cfg edit problem.jpg (76.9 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Chrisb »

Ian,

That looks like Vista. I'm sure I had the same problem at one time. I believe you have two choices.

Turn off the User Account or before you make any changes check in the Properties of the file that you have full permissions. I got into the habit of doing that before I changed anything but as it got tedious I turned User account off, which I later discovered a lot of other Vista users had already done.

Chris
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

that is the admin control on vista, you have to turn it off as chris says or you wont be able to copy and paste anything................................good old gate's boys eh ?
jeepee
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jeepee »

You could also copy the aircraft,cfg to another folder(not the program files folder).
To my documents folder by example ,edit and save the file and then place it back in its original folder(don't forget to delete the cfg file in that folder first ).This is how i managed it when i didn't know how to turn off the admin control.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

...or you can use XP... :wink:
viscount
Cadet
Cadet

Post by viscount »

jeepee wrote:You could also copy the aircraft,cfg to another folder(not the program files folder).
To my documents folder by example ,edit and save the file and then place it back in its original folder(don't forget to delete the cfg file in that folder first ).This is how i managed it when i didn't know how to turn off the admin control.
Many thanks to you all.

I found the fix of copying the Aircraft.cfg to my desktop by accident - but with HUGE aurcraft folder this would have been tedious....Its the fault of all the F-16 and C-130!!! :D

I also found out that the AirEd program didn't want to work...so by turning UAC off I was able to make all the old default aircraft go away! sorry but I am not a Wright Flyer fan - I never seen it fitted with guns yet?

Thanks all!

Hate to see what the next OS will do to the Flightsim world?

Ian
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

Try Aircraft Analyzer 2005 from http://aifs.pvdveen.net/. Works real good for aircraft updating and management. Best feature is the error checking..
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

That was the exact problem I had, and like Chrisb said I turned off admin control and ever since then it has worked fine.
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Thanks for the link Flyboy. I hadn't seen that utility, or the others, before. Very useful.

Chris
FlyEF
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FlyEF »

You can install FS9 or FSX in an other folder than "Program files". Then you can edit the files without problems.

Regards

Horst