The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Real World F/A-18C Pilot trying to redo KNLC......

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Rotorhead
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Real World F/A-18C Pilot trying to redo KNLC......

Post by Rotorhead »

Hi guys, new here to the world of Military AI, but have been doing RW flying out of KNLC for sometime, specifically VFA-113, and VFA-125. I like what you guys are doing/have done and want to try and pitch in. I've started to tinker around with KNLC and am trying to get some flight plans made up for my squadrons based on RW flight schedules I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm using FSX SP2, UTX, GEX, REX2, TrafficX and am using ADE9x, AIFP 1.6.29, EditVoicepack X v4.0.7.0, and SBuilderX313...WHEEEW. I have installed most of the US MAIW packages and have seen just about all the AI flying around, it's awesome. I've repainted Nick's F/A-18's to VFA-113 and have to squadron completed and did a few flight plans in AIFP, but still haven't seen any of them take off, fly or land yet :( . If anyone else is working on Lemoore AI Hornets please let me know, I wish Nick would come back, I really liked his work on the Super's wanted to top off Lemoore with all the correct squadron's, I know how this hobby is though!!!!!

Rolex
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Real World F/A-18C Pilot trying to redo KNLC......

Post by reconmercs »

welcome to the forums Rolex, me thinks you be pleased with what we have in store in the next couple of months 8)
Rotorhead
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rotorhead »

Does that mean I should stop trying to entirely redo KNLC on my own? If so, and you guys have or want any input please let me know.

Rolex
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Never stop working on your own projects. Sometimes our projects take years to release.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Flicker......

Mark
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

As Dan said, we have a lot of ideas and some never come to fruition this is why we don't announce packages in advance.
However, we do sometimes give glances of a possible future in our piccys on the home page. If something appears there you have a better chance than most.
I would say that you have reasons to be optimistic :).
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

What they said.... :wink:

Welcome to the forums, BTW!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

I am glad to see the interest in Lemoore. A while back I was exploring the potential to simulate FCLP patterns to Rwy 32L at KNLC. And using techniques such as invisible runways/waypoints, I might eventually be able to perfect the pattern break. I might be able to generate effective approaches in ADE and give it a try.

Keith
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

flyerkg wrote: I might eventually be able to perfect the pattern break.
Keith
If you were able to do it that would be so awesome!!!
Les
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rotorhead »

That would be awesome, I would like to see that. Anyone know how to make a Section or Division fly together? I've seen a few planes flying near each other, is that just an anomoly, or can you make 2, 3 or 4 ships fly together?
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Without changing the model, just fine tuning the flightplan and departure times for your section, that is the only way to do it now, not accurate all the time, but I have seen FS get it right a few times with the AI in an almost believable formation.

If you haven't already, check out the MAIW Top Gun package with a nice diamond of Tomcats (one AI model). There is also the older AI HK F-18's that came in single and section versions.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

My guess is that it might not be possible but would take quite a few waypoints and would increase the size of the flightplan file significantly. The main issue though is likely to be the weather. You wouldn't have a dynamic change in flightplans so the approaches would all be to one runway, and if the weather conditions meant that the aircraft would land in the opposite direction the carefully laid down procedure would all go to hell in a hand basket.
Don't let that put you off though but I would be interested to see if you could overcome the aircraft lowering its gear issue.
Steve