The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Problem with the new C-5 Galaxy

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Problem with the new C-5 Galaxy

Post by Thud »

Hi guys,

I have pimped MY Ramstein scenery a little and added parking spots and a few flights of aircraft. And I noticed that one of the Hercs from such a flight lands perfectly and taxies back to the ramp.....a C-5 FROM the west coast package (aircraft 23) does land, but immediately disappears. Does anyone have a clue why? The runway, taxiways and aprons are big enough (+44 meters). Made quite a few afcads in the past, but this problem I can't get solved somehow. Must be a stupid little thing, but if anyone knows why...please drop a message?

Many thanks and best regards,

Arjan
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Problem with the new C-5 Galaxy

Post by Greg »

First thing that comes to mind is to check if the parking spot for the C-5 is actually connected, and that the C-5 is able to reach it after landing.

If you want you can also post your AFD or project file here so someone can have a quick look if something's wrong.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

It's not a problem with the model. Most likely it's a problem with your AFD file. Try attaching a copy of your Ramstein AFD to this thread and we can take a look at it for you. I have a pretty good idea of what the problem is.

Hint you may need to compress your AFD file into a .zip file to be able to attach it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

Thud wrote:a C-5 FROM the west coast package (aircraft 23) does land, but immediately disappears. Does anyone have a clue why? The runway, taxiways and aprons are big enough (+44 meters).
Does it disappear immediately upon touchdown, or after slowing to about 30 kts?

Immediately upon touchdown indicates either a problem where the airport does not match the approaches elevations. After slowing to 30 kts is almost always cause by no open parking spots being open large enough for the aircraft.

I don't know what the model radius is on the C-5, but there must be an open parking spot that large or larger. Otherwise FS will delete the aircraft.

As mentioned above, another cause can be that the open parking spot is not connected to the taxi network leading to the aircraft current position.

You mentioned +44M - if that is an open parking spot size, try increasing it to 50M and see what results you get.

I assume you are using FS2004.

If you are using FSX, the aircraft is set to the same size as the default B747 - 33M parking spot size.
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Thud »

Okay solved. Thanks guys, you made me look back at the parking positions and yes it was actually kind of stupid. The afcad is a work in progress and I was busy making the parking spots and apron routes look good. Had a few covered, a few not. Since the KC-135's were using the +44m parking spots correctly I thought the C-5's would too. Apparently not. But I since I have connected them all it works perfectly!
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

That's what I thought. Glad we could help!