The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

On the hunt for a utility

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

On the hunt for a utility

Post by jimrodger »

I love the amount of effort people put in to make the ai skies as accurately populated as we can make them.
One small (probably anally retentive) problem I suffer from is, after using ACA2005 and checking for
"Aircraft in flightplan not present in FS" I end up with a load of missing aircraft.
Numerous times I've gone off trawling through the various download sites to get the required omissions, only to discover after decompiling the flightplan that the aircraft are not actually required by the flightplan, and are probably a leftover from trial plans.

Does any one know of a utility that checks a flightplan.txt for the actual required aircraft against what the aircraft.txt says.

Probably not the best explanation, but hopefully someone will understand :oops:

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
james84

Re: On the hunt for a utility

Post by james84 »

Not a bad question... I need sth. similar too!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am not quite sure of your problem here.
You seem to be saying that ACA2005 finds missing fltsim entries that are in flightplans. Are you asking for a tool that guesses what the fltsim or aircraft.txt entry should be? If you are then I don't believe that you will find one, as a fltsim entry can be anything you like and it doesn't tie you to a particular model. The best prevention is a naming standard so that you narrow it down, like our packages do.

ACA2005 will help you uncover your errors by switching to the 'List Aircraft' tab. Once you select 'List by Folder' you can scroll down to find your likely culprits. Any fltsim entry that is in a traffic bgl will show this in its 'Associated FP files' box. This along with the 'Flightplans' section.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your need.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

It was probably my explanation.

As an example, a lot of downloaded flightplans have included the default traffic030528.bgl aircraft in their list of aircraft (eg Vimy, Spirit Of St.Louis etc), not only does it get a bit confusing within ACA2005, but vastly increases the size. Obviously these aircraft are annotated with an AC# number in the aircraft.txt which is not reflected in the flightplans.txt. I've seen some aircraft.txt's with up to 100 AC entries and only have 2 flightplans. When looked at in ACA2005 this gets reported as 98 missing aircraft!!.

I was hoping that someone knew of a utility or a facility within some prog that could tidy this up.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Try AI Flight Planner:

http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/

It has a whole series of built-in error checkers and can take a lot of the grunt out of maintaining your AI files. In this case, you would simply open up the relevant .bgl file and then from the Aircraft Menu, choose Delete Unused Aircraft. You can then recompile. It does so much more and it's worth reading the manual.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Many thanks for that

Jim
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah, I see now. In which case yes AIFP is a useful tool, but you will have to load each bgl one after the other.

I know its a bit late now but any flightplans I download I simply remove, or better still comment out any spurious aircraft or plans that I don't specifically want. I used to run them through AITM or lately I have been using AIFP.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Got AIFP and it works a treat, many thanks for the help.

Jim