The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Applying Textues in FSDS

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
aerogator

Applying Textues in FSDS

Post by aerogator »

Hi guys,

With my new set-up (Windows 7 pro 64 bit), I'm having trouble applying textures to objects in FSDS. When I apply them in the usual way, I have to go thru edit and then go thru the whole tree to get to them in FS Textures. They will apply at this point but when I reopen the project, I have to go thru this all over again and I don't think they are being saved as applied to the object so I can't apply the texture map to the object. I never had this problem before and can't figure out how to resolve it.

Any help will be appreciated :)
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Applying Textues in FSDS

Post by Weescotty »

Try setting a manual texture path in the project properties.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Thx Kev, seems to have done the trick. Probably had that set in my old system but just forgot. :)
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

OK here's another question:

I'm still trying to replicate my original set-up and I'm having trouble with getting textures to show up in FS. I save the PSP file as a std bitmap and then I tried converting them with DXTBmp but it converts them to 24-bit and I don't think that's right but I can't remember. Can someone help?

THX :D
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

File/Save as/Extended Bitmap/DXT3 should do the trick
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

THX :D