The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Model Converter X to FSC

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Model Converter X to FSC

Post by Victory103 »

Maybe I'll taking the easy route here, but looking at some .bgl models I found while updating my ADE object manager. I was using Model Converter X and exported the bgl to a mdl file after viewing the models. Is there anyway to now import this file into FSDS and make the static scenery object into a flying AI model? I was hoping to animate rotors and other parts ,of course I am just starting this model thing. I found a few H-60's (my main project) and a TH-57 (Bell 206) from JD's NAS Whiting FSX scenery.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
fishlips

Re: Model Converter X to FSC

Post by fishlips »

I don't know of any way/program to back engineer from that stage where you are at. Not to say that it cant be done! Try asking the brains-trust at fsdeveloper.com
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

To Make Static aircraft from AI MDL file, you can use this software : Static Aircraft .mdl Maker (SAMM)

You can fin it on avsim :

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=161259

It is compatible with both FS2004 and FSX
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

TheFoufure wrote:To Make Static aircraft from AI MDL file, you can use this software : Static Aircraft .mdl Maker (SAMM)

You can fin it on avsim :

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=161259

It is compatible with both FS2004 and FSX
Unfortunately the OP is trying to do the opposite: turn a static model into an AI model.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Sorry, i've not clearly understand the original message ;-).

I've no idea for this.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks gents, as I posted I was making the mistake in trying to take a few short cuts in AI design, or pick up on a few other developers models thinking this design a new model from scratch to MAIW standards thing was going to be easy.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris