The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NBAI F-22 Raptor

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

It looks fantastic, Nick. Well done, I'm looking forward to downloading it.

Thanks for all your hard work. :D
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

OK guys, the NBAI F-22A Raptor V1 has been posted up onto the Sharing directory of the ftp site for all those of you who want to download it and start making packages with it. There may possibly still be an FDE tweak before next weekend, when it should hopefully be released to the world, depending on whether or not Mike has time, and see's fit to update it. It is already pretty complete however. The model includes a paintkit too, so you can paint your Sqns up. I will ask, I dont mind being asked to do repaints for people, now I can do them HEHE, however the more time I spend doing that is less time developing new models and packages, so weigh it up yourselves LOL. Tomorrow I hope to really get my teeth into a start of the A4 so that will be my big project for the forseeable future, while also seeing along the F-15 and F-14 releases. I have made the paintkit really easy to use, so that you can make your own.

Have fun with it, and please let me know of any feedback.

Nick
[/b]
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Awesome!!! But do you have a link so we can download this beauty?

I am so curious! :wink:

Your work is so extremely apreciated man it's a bliss!!! :P
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I believe he said...
1) It is on the MAIW ftp for packaging...
2) Would be posted to Avsim next weekend...

I know how easy it is to miss these things when you are so excited :)
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Yeah I read that... But it sort of came across that you could download it very soon now.... via a link on this site.... misunderstood that one than.

But hey no worries, Hakuna Matata!

and yes I am exited to see it :wink:

When it's there it's there!

Really I appreciate it so much that people create such beautifulll software and that it comes along on this site!!! Maximum respect! :wink:
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Ahhh I see. We have a super-secret ftp that houses all of our test files and packages. Much easier than emailing each other the files! Gawd, I remember that!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Something Des asked me about on the F-22. It has no burner, as there is no way to make it move with the animated engine nozzles, so I thought it best not to have it. Plus the F-22 rarely uses burners anyway as it was designed to take-off without them. Feel free to put them in if you wish.

Nick
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

nickblack423 wrote:Something Des asked me about on the F-22. It has no burner, as there is no way to make it move with the animated engine nozzles, so I thought it best not to have it. Plus the F-22 rarely uses burners anyway as it was designed to take-off without them. Feel free to put them in if you wish.

Nick
Nick,

Your NBAI F-22 is now flight testing a more realistic v2.0 AI FDE that affords supersonic cruise at and above FL200, top and bottom anticollision wing tip strobes within the nav light housings, smoother takeoffs and landings with minimal landing bounce, more realistic aerodynamic braking in the landing roll, accurately located jet engines with contrail suppression and improved landing tire smoke at the correct locations. As soon as flight testing is complete, I'll send the v2.0 AI FDE along to you.

Mike
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

See the man's title.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Nice one Mike, I'll get that updated into the release for this weekend. Superb work and thanks again and as usual for all your efforts.

Nick
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Thanks for the great model Nick. It's superb.
I've been making some flightplans around Langley along with your superb F-15's and I noticed I didn't see any weapons on the F-22 armed model but the F-22 armed with tanks does. Not sure if it was an oversight.

Thanks,

Paul
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

No it wasnt. You'll see the two internal sidewinders pop out of the weapons bays on the side of the fuselage, when the aircraft is in sleep mode. As apposed to the clean model which has no sidewinders at all.
Thanks for spotting it though.

Nick
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

I see it now Nick. Sorry. I just saw it in flight and on the select aircraft page. your models are sweet. Keep them coming.

Paul