The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

SBAI Mi helicopters

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

SBAI Mi helicopters

Post by Victory103 »

A few repaints popped up on Avsim, so I had to check these out. Demo model with a payware option for 7 Euro. Recently got to crawl around an Afghan Mi-8, I'll take the AI version instead!

http://sbai.kiev.ua/index.php?action_sk ... EngVersion
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Re: SBAI Mi helicopters

Post by tango234 »

Does anyone know exactly what the demo does/doesn't have compared with the full version?

I can't check myself as my FS computer is in for repair :cry:
james84

Post by james84 »

There is a very clear image showing the difference among the models included in the demo zip. Basically, there are several different models (32) with different antennas, with or without rear doors, the military versions with rocket pods and so on.
I downloaded the demo this morning. Included is only the Mi-8 basic model with an afcad to enrich a Siberian scenery available on Avsim.ru.
However, the payware version costs only €5 and I think I'll get it if I can pay by my Visa Electron credit card (I don't feel like providing my IBAN at all).
As for the takeoff performances, it reaches the runway or pad and takes off almost vertically, with a very short "run".
Other textures with flightplans are available at the United Traffic Team website
http://www.unitedtrafficteam.net/
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

As james posted:

There's also a pay version. The price is more than affordable - 5 EUR. This money will buy you:
1. 32 modifications of the Mi-8T including landing troops and war-craft versions.
2. Over 10 airline liveries and flightplans.
3. Specifically made AFCAD's for take-off from and landing on parking positions (no taxi, runway run or roll).
4. Paintkit.

The vid on the site shows them taking off similar to the NBAI H-47 and H-64.

@james, while on the helo subject, got my first look at the Italian attack helicopter, the Mangusta, yesterday here in A-Stan.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
james84

Post by james84 »

Victory103 wrote:As james posted:

There's also a pay version. The price is more than affordable - 5 EUR. This money will buy you:
1. 32 modifications of the Mi-8T including landing troops and war-craft versions.
2. Over 10 airline liveries and flightplans.
3. Specifically made AFCAD's for take-off from and landing on parking positions (no taxi, runway run or roll).
4. Paintkit.

The vid on the site shows them taking off similar to the NBAI H-47 and H-64.

@james, while on the helo subject, got my first look at the Italian attack helicopter, the Mangusta, yesterday here in A-Stan.
Wow! I had the chance to see it and touch it when exhibited in Rome. If you knocked at its surface it sounded like cardboard!
GuentAir
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by GuentAir »

Servus!

Another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF70zMWPw48

br from Styria
Günter
Guenter Reisner

tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

I downloaded the demo this morning. Included is only the Mi-8 basic model with an afcad to enrich a Siberian scenery available on Avsim.ru.
Thank you, thats all I needed to know. I saw the pictures in the demo pack, but I wasn't sure which one the demo actually was. It certainly does look worth getting.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I just couldn't believe how small the Mongoose is, small pilots didn't add much.

The Afghan Mi-8MVT's I mentioned were scary, just the lack of maintenance.

Hopefully SBAI have an AI Hind in the works.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Can't quite figure out how to purchase any of the SBAI aircraft. I gave up trying.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi,
I sent CelticWarrior the pics that Sergey sent me after I purchased the Mi-8 using the new paypal option but could not understand how to enter the password for download.
Its a long winded process but worth it when you get the package at the end. Hopefully enough purchases will allow SBAI to develop further AI choppers like this one for our AI world.
There are 7 pics in total and I have attached two which is the limit at MAIW to show you what I am talking about.
If anyone wants them send me a PM with your email and I will pass them on.
Regards,
Steve
Attachments
02.jpg
01.jpg
Past Beta Tester
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: SBAI Mi-8T AI's

Post by Johnny Test »

I purchased this packet a couple days ago. You get 4 small sceneries, along with the Mi-8T AI's + Traffic files (64+ MB). I didn't like the sceneries, nor their offshore oil rigs, but their AI's are GREAT!

VIEW ENTIRE SLIDESHOW HERE

FlightSim: FS9/FS2004 v9.1
Aircraft: Kamov Ka-26 (Nemeth)
Flight From: Khanty Mansiysk (USHH) (Eugene Buchanan)
Flight To: Khanty Mansiysk (USHH) (Eugene Buchanan)
Distance: 0.4 NM
Nature of Flt: Landing
Flight Time: 7 Mins.

WARNING!: View slideshows at your own risk & have your popcorn ready! Perhaps coffee too!....ENJOY!

VIEW ENTIRE SLIDESHOW HERE