The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI IRIS MiG-27 Swing-Wings

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
cgold

AI IRIS MiG-27 Swing-Wings

Post by cgold »

I've noticed that the IRIS AI MiG-27 has no swing-wings... Any way to edit the .cfg or .xml files to get the wings to be powered through flaps or however they are powered just before t/o? (Like the NBAI Tomcats or SIAI Su-24's...)
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: AI IRIS MiG-27 Swing-Wings

Post by Dark Morelia »

Dark Morelia on AIG forum wrote:Yes it would need to be XML controlled and built into the model. You won't be able to change it on a finished model, unfortunately.
Drew >>

cgold

Post by cgold »

So, waiting for a proper MiG-23 or MiG-27 model is the better option... That works. Thanks, though...
800nates
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 800nates »

cgold wrote:So, waiting for a proper MiG-23 or MiG-27 model is the better option... That works. Thanks, though...
i have the Iris Mig-27/29 and Tornado how would i be able to see them in my AI world?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Firstly like all flyable planes used for AI you would need to graft an AI fde (.air file + .cfg file) onto the model which would mean making a couple of adjustments, like gear.
Secondly you would need to replace any effects with ones that were AI friendly, like burners.
Lastly they would not operate the same, unless you are really lucky, for example you will find that the swing wings probably won't work unless they are designed to work automatically under speed conditions.

In short, for AI purposes don't both trying to use VG flyable AI models and converting them. They will not work as you would like, plus a base full will hit you hard on framerates.
Steve