The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Carrier Landings

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Carrier Landings

Post by usb »

No, when I press P it just pauses the program. Last night I let the program run at KSEA and it stayed up on screen until about 2:00 am I woke up and changed the scenery to PWAK where I have some Midway AI running and when I awoke at 6:00 am the program had minimized but was not on pause. Just brought it up on screen and it continued to run. I was testing the same thing on the older computer with Windows XP and it ran fine all night with no interuptions. Really puzzles me.
:?:
Mike G.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry misunderstood. Didn't read it properly.

I have never seen it do that so it must either be some feature of Windows 7 or some utility that you are running. You didn't say whether you were running it in fullscreen or windowed mode though, does that make any difference?
Steve
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

Contacted the Geek Squad have paid support highly recommend them for people like me anyway, he found my moniter display was at 16 bits not 32 thought that would do it might have caused other problems as well don't know how it got changed default is 32 bits. It is a crash he said and windows just minimizes and restarts the program. Unfortunatly it just did it again. I did check the settings in the hardware tab in fs9 and it was set wrong 1200x16 or something I changed it to the higher what 1280x32x900 I think maybe that will work. It's driving me nuts cause it just started doing this and now i'm really into the AI and afcad design as well as my beloved Carriers. My old unit works great on it now but the graphics and frame rate are not near as fluid.Thank you again all for any advice I will find the solution but I just don't think reinstalling is the option done that twice in the last two weeks. I really think it must be in Windows 7 with all the auto updates thanks to Maulicius people. If you can think of anything I might be missing like the moniter setting never thought about that what else might I be missing? I know it's good been playjing in windows 7 for months now. Will keep all posted on progress. :D
Mike G.
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

Disabled security measures, turned off firewall, disconnected from internet ran all night with no interuptions.
Mike G.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

Heve someone some modif air file for NBAI F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornet and NBAI F/A-18E/F Super Hornet for use in wet config on Carrier scenery. With a short landing and brutal stop, and fast and short takeoff ?

If someone have that, can he share them here please ?

Thanks a lot.
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

Don't believe the short tale off has been achieved yet but you can get the aircraft to stop in the arrestor zone by changing the air file. You will need a utility I use air152up. Go to this forum and research the same topic.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php

At one time One of the members gave us complete instructions with pictures. I don't believe we can share files here anyway and once you learn how you can custom any aircraft to do the same thing
Mike G.
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

I stand corrected TheFoufure. The modification to get the AI aircraft to stop in the trap zone was addressed right here in this forum. I found my copy. PM me and I will either send it to you that way or give my private email and get it to you that way. It is pretty cool.
Mike G.
paspou
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by paspou »

Hello all's

Try this in the cfg of your F/A-18 whith the air file

Moderator edit: please check with the original author of a file first if you are allowed to publicly share your modifications to his/her work. Thanks.
paspou
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by paspou »

Excuse me but I'm bab in English

for the precedent post I ommit say that is on a version of CDG I'm testing all my aircrats and for I'm create 4 AFCADs

2 for take off

1 for landing
and one other for Helico
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

For those of you interested in AI takeoffs and landings from static FS9 carriers, below is a link to download the MAIW French Rafales package authored by Nick Black, Greg Loones and myself.

In this package you will find an aircraft folder named MAIW_NBAI_Rafale_M_Wet_FNY which contains my aircraft.cfg and NBAI_Rafale_M_Wet_AI_ONLY.air files that allow the NBAI Rafale M to takeoff from and trap on the FS9 Charles de Gaulle carrier.

Please feel free to use these wet AI FDE files as the basis for wet AI FDE's for your own AI jet aircraft carrier takeoffs and landings. However, please remember that your resultant wet AI FDE's based on them are for your own use only and should not be publicly distributed.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... ch-rafales
Last edited by mikewmac on 22 Dec 2016, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
    Mike M.
    usb
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

The needed change that I used is in the air file not the aircraft.cfg. It is in the Primary Aerodynamics section where is the *Cdg Drag Coefficient-Spoiler+= +98 or what ever you might have is changed to *Cdg Drag Coefficient-Spoiler+= -14598. Don't forget the (-) sign. Works great! I forget the Member who shared it with us but I would like to meet him and shake his hand! janeway I believe was the member.
    Mike G.
    paspou
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by paspou »

Are you stupid or prétentieux

if my demarche trouble your infinity pretention it is util for you to know you are abject whith a community for partage

I am just trying to aid somemeone and it's that the partage
    clickclickdoh
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

paspou wrote:Childish comment
    He's trying to protect his intellectual property.

Many authors will give you permission to reuse or modify their work, but only if you ask them first and give them credit. Simply posting up the contents of their work is usually considered very rude at best. Things like .air files and .cfg files in particular require a lot of time and investment to get to perform right and some of the tricks and quirks that make the associated aircraft perform well are closely guarded because of the personal involvement in developing them.

I think everyone here at MAIW loves to encourage people to learn from what we produce, but no one wants to see it just get copied.
    usb
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

Sorry if I upset anybody. I was just trying to help the guy tweak his own air file to achieve the desired results. Where is all this negativity coming from anyway. Besides that this is a thread I personally started last July which from what I have seen as helped a lot of people including myself.
    Mike G.
    usb
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

TheFoufure wrote:Hello,

Heve someone some modif air file for NBAI F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornet and NBAI F/A-18E/F Super Hornet for use in wet config on Carrier scenery. With a short landing and brutal stop, and fast and short takeoff ?

If someone have that, can he share them here please ?

Thanks a lot.
    I must be loosing my crackers! Go to the beginning of this thread page 1 and scroll down a bit and the instructions you need are right here in this thread.
    Mike G.
    Greg
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin
    Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

usb wrote:Sorry if I upset anybody.
    Don't worry Mike. The quarrel was not with you. :smt001
    usb
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

Most not least did TheFoufure find what he was looking for? Even more fun I had a friend teach me how to add my own Aircraft Carriers as well around the world and making them airports as well for the AI Navy aircraft. I have over sixty myself but not an easy task, lot's of fun though when you finish and everything works!
    Mike G.
    TheFoufure
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Exactly what I search. I would like to have some carriers arround the world (The Carrier2006 scenery for exemple), with some AI traffic on them (F-18A/B/C/D/E/F, E-2C).
    paspou
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by paspou »

hello

I don't have the intention to make a plagia of your work but , in my mind , you also make a plagia of MSF9 air files for obtain some credit

In my mind we are a community and when someone has a problem if is it possible to respond not 3 days after for autorisations

3 years ago I'm trying to create AI traffic on the CDG and not whith your version ( I prefere the original in Mediterranée ,it's more credible ) , not with your Rafales , I prefere the VPA' Team pilotables but cool in AI

Today I have Rafales , E-2c , AS-365 and NH-90 on my CDG and for me not utility to piraty your "creations"

Me also i'm trying to create but if anyone can utilise the result ..... no problem

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFoVAV2forJggfS9mZ2dELxlHNs
    paspou
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by paspou »

you do'nt that :

for a publication of a modei of the Rafale you are obliged to have autorisation by Dassault Aviation if not you makes a plagia